Need steps on moving some hands into new DB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need steps on moving some hands into new DB

My HEM has been running very very slow lately, so I figured I'll make a new, much small DB before I complain to you guys too much.

I have a ton of hands over the years, but I've been playing only PLO for two months, so I will create a PLO-only DB.

I need to copy over about 50k played hands from several sites. I also need to move over a similar amount of datamined hands.

How do I go about this?

Start HM with your new database and import the files via import file or import from folder.

You should find the hands you played in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). Don't know where you have saved your mined hands.
    If you need to export them: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands dates

I've exported and re-imported all played hands, except about half of them have not shown up! Less than half of my tournaments hands have appeared in the new DB as well. Any possible reasons for this?

Which HM version?
    Did you export/import tournament summaries too?

1.11.05 beta 15. I just updated to beta 17.

Yes, I export/imported both cash and tournaments. About half of both sets of HH's successfully transferred. It seems as though I'm missing a lot of hands from as recently as last month. The lack of hands seems also to be distributed over the half-dozen sites I play, so it's not a site-specific problem.

Here's the difference between the new and old DB Reports:

How did you import the files - did you use the auto-import or the import from file/folder functions?
    Did you get any error messages during the import?
    Can you rename some of the files with missing hands and import them again? What happens?

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
    If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    How did you import the files - did you use the auto-import or the import from file/folder functions?
    Did you get any error messages during the import?
    Can you rename some of the files with missing hands and import them again? What happens?

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
    If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?
    I used import from folder.

I'm not sure if I had errors... is there an error backlog I can check?

I renamed all the files (copy and paste in same folder to create "Copy of...") and every single hand (24,525) was a duplicate with zero errors.

I changed from Canada to US English and no difference. Every hand went through again as a duplicate.

Might be a filter issue, go to filter > clear, filter > use for all and see if the missing hands show up, if not it looks as though you already imported the hands since it recognised them all as duplicates (either they were imported or import errors)

If you still cant find them create a new database and when it finishes it should say x hands imported, x import errors, x duplicates on the import TAB, take a screenshot of that please and post it here
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Every step I take, I run into new problems that I have to deal with. I think there needs to be a very simple, one-step way to export Hero hands...

So I try and export about 18k hands, and first of all, HEM freezes, and it never reports whether the export is done. I look in the export folder and see three files. I am exporting from an alias that contains about a dozen player names of mine across different site. Is this an issue in itself?

So I came back 20 minutes after starting the export. I import this folder into the new empty DB. It registers exactly 1,000 hands.