HM fails to import FTP cash game file
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HM fails to import FTP cash game file

Hi,

I have HM pro version, bought several months ago and worked very well until yesterday. When I play FTP cash FR game yesterday with my HH open, my computer was frozen so I had to press the power button to restart it. After that my HH fails to import FTP cash HH. The HH file is in the right place, I can see it. first the HM says did not find any new files, try later in 5 seconds. Later I find the HH file is gone. but I could not find any hands in HM. However I tried several tournament and the tournament hands have been successfully imported into HM. so Basically, since yesterday, cash game HH file does not work but tournament file works.

I am using windows 7
    All HM exe run as admin
    I created new database and tried the import, same thing.
    I downloaded the latest HM version, same thing
    I am IT person, I login to database using pgAdmin III and find no new cash hands, only new tournament hands.

Any idea? thanks for you help!

Hi Goes - I'm really confused by your post. It might just be me though

You don't say if your HUD works or doesn't work for cash. Perhaps you could explain the path you mean when you write things like "The HH file is in the right place" ?

** Do you get a HUD in cash games now ?
    ** When you look here :- "C:\HMArchive" do you see any cash HH files from todays games ?

Quote Originally Posted by goes View Post
    ...FTP cash FR game...with my HH open
    You mean with this open ? :- FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand History
    Or this "C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\" ?
    Or you mean HM open ?
    Or "C:\HMArchive" open ?

...computer frozen...power button restart. After that my HH fails to import FTP cash HH
    "my HH fails to import FTP cash" What do you mean by HH here ?
    Do you get the HUD on the table ?

The HH file is in the right place, I can see it. first the HM says did not find any new files, try later in 5 seconds. Later I find the HH file is gone. but I could not find any hands in HM. However I tried several tournament and the tournament hands have been successfully imported into HM
    You can see it here ? :- "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data"
    Or you can see it somewhere else ?

win 7. pgAdmin III no new cash hands, only new tournament hands
    OK

hi sorry for the confusion. try to make it clear this time. thank you for your help!

the path you mean when you write things like "The HH file is in the right place" ?
    -- the path is C:\Program Files\FTPO\HandHistory\pdlx
    FTPO is my FTP installation folder. pdlx is my ID in FTP. As I said it's been working well for several months. The HH files are always in this folder first then moved to Archive folder.

--yes. HUD still show data, but no more new data.

** When you look here :- "C:\HMArchive" do you see any cash HH files from todays games ?
    --Yes. after the file was removed from C:\Program Files\FTPO\HandHistory\pdlx, it appears in C:\HMArchive. however, I could not see my hand through HM.

When my computer was frozen, I have ftp cash game running and have HM HUD runnning.

I did not check "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data". I have C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager and C:\Program Files\RVG Software\HM. do you mean C:\Program Files\RVG Software\HM? I can check it later today when I play.

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    Hi Goes - I'm really confused by your post. It might just be me though

You don't say if your HUD works or doesn't work for cash. Perhaps you could explain the path you mean when you write things like "The HH file is in the right place" ?

You mean with this open ? :- FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand History
    Or this "C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\" ?
    Or you mean HM open ?
    Or "C:\HMArchive" open ?

"my HH fails to import FTP cash" What do you mean by HH here ?
    Do you get the HUD on the table ?

You can see it here ? :- "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data"
    Or you can see it somewhere else ?

OK

Holdemmanager usually don't create a ...\HM folder. So it seems like you changed the installation path and have now 2 versions of holdemmanager installed.

Please check the HM version in the title of the main window and make sure you are using the latest version (1.11.02b).

hi, thank you for you reply! Yes you are right. I do have 2 version of holdemmanager installed. I update HM version(1.11.02b) and make sure the exe have the admin permission and still get message:

Auto updated did dnot find any neww files...
    Trying again in 5 seconds...

I can see my hand files in C:\Program Files\FTPO\HandHistory\pdlx and this time HM just does not pick it.

Please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    Holdemmanager usually don't create a ...\HM folder. So it seems like you changed the installation path and have now 2 versions of holdemmanager installed.

Please check the HM version in the title of the main window and make sure you are using the latest version (1.11.02b).

Please see this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work and answer any questions that apply to you so we can narrow down what the issue is
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Thanks for your reply, this really frustrate me as it worked well before. Now only tournament file works but cash file does not. any difference between tournament with cash file? if we could not figure this out. what else can we do ther? re-sintall the HM and database? or some one can remote control to my machine and help me? please help!!

1.Hand Histories must be saved from your Poker Client to your hard drive.
    --yes, I see it.
    2.Table Manager must be running.
    -- yes
    3.Holdem Manager must know where your Poker Clients Hand Histories are. (Auto Import Folders)-- I set it up right there. tournement file works

•Turning off UAC-- turned off

1.What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
    --1.11.02b
    1.What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site? --FTP
    1.Which type of game(s) are you playing? (NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT)
    --Cash FR and Rush cash game
    1.Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?
    --yes
    1.Often times, it is one setting or option that's not correct in your poker client. Please see our Detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with poker sites to make sure your poker site is saving Hand History files.
    -- config right. at least the tournement file works
    1.Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the folder that you configured in HM to auto import from.--yes
    2.If you think the hands are importing the please go to the reports TAB, select your username and run a report with all filters off to confirm they have imported.-- the problem the reports does not show the hand. I login to DB and could not find the hand either.
    1.If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database
    -- I did create a new database and could not get cash files imported.
    1.Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work? FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Configuring Table Finder to Show HUD
    --hud works, just could not import new cash files.
    1.If you open the hand history files, are they written in English?
    --English
    1.Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. It may be just called holdemmanager if youve extenstions turned off.

--attached.
    Last edited by goes; 07-15-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: more info

For me your configuration looks fine and it seems that the hands for the cash games are imported (as the Hud is working) but you don't see them in the reports.
    If we are talking about rush cash game this might be a filter issue. Please clear all your filters (even if you have no filters defined). The rush hands have a separate limit which needs the filters to be cleared once.

hi, thank you for your reply. could you tell me how to clear the filter?

I just repeat the problem here again so hope we can have some clue: HUD always works, display data when I play cash or tournament games. When I play the cash game( no matter it is regular FR or rush FR), my cash game hands could not get imported into HM. However, if I play tournament game, I see the hands in HM.

I login to postgresql, query the handhistories table, I can see all previous cash game hands before the problem occured and all new tournament hands. NO new cash game hands though.

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    For me your configuration looks fine and it seems that the hands for the cash games are imported (as the Hud is working) but you don't see them in the reports.
    If we are talking about rush cash game this might be a filter issue. Please clear all your filters (even if you have no filters defined). The rush hands have a separate limit which needs the filters to be cleared once.

sorry, i overlooked that you already checked the database via pgadmin. But i think handhistories is not the right tables - its pokerhands.

To clear the filters again click on the filters button and select clear. After this refresh the report data.