How many comps/laptops can I use HEM on?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How many comps/laptops can I use HEM on?

Can you plz tell me every tiny detail involved in what it takes to use my already existing HEM on another pc? ie wud obv have to download it first but not sure if there's some kind of log in stuff I can do to verify it's already paid for? ty

I am also interested in knowing how many computers are licensed for use with the purchase of Hold'em Manager?

I just downloaded the trial yesterday and have found it to be an excellent program and would like to be able to use it on both my home pc and my laptop without having to purchase the program twice.

Fortunately its not very detailed, you just start Holdem Manager enter the same code you used on the other PC by clicking register and entering your name and then it will ask you to use PC1 or PC2, use whichever one is unused and press ok and voila.

You can use the same license on up to 2 pcs that you personally own, you cant share a code with a friend as it will detect simultaneous use and lock the codes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Thanks for the reply Morny I appreciate it.

I actually found another post mentioning importing/exporting databases between computers (nice feature by the way) so assumed you were allowed to use the program on at least 2 computers, nice to have an assumption confirmed for once .

Cheers

And how would I remember this code from the first time I registered? Also as matey says above, how do I go about copying all databse from main pc to new laptop? ty

See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits on how to reset your code, so if you put the code their you can reset it automatically when you need it or if you forget it

Regarding backup and moving database

If your doing a clean reinstall or moving HM to a new computer you should consider the following.

We have a backup and restore feature within Holdem Manager that makes it easy for you to backup all your settings, hand histories and files.
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore

This is a new feature and there are some compatibility issues with it so if you have any problems you can do this manually by following the instructions below:

Export and Import your Hand Histories and/or backup and restore your database
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database

Export Your Notes

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback - Options > Rakeback & Bonuses

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits on how to reset your code

and finally
    FAQ]FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling HEM without Losing Preferences - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software - Reinstalling HEM without Losing Preferences
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Ok thanks, so moving stuff across will still also leave the hand histories in original HEM too?

Yep, backup and export doesn't affect the data in the database.

Started watching the video and it looks like I've come unstuck at the very first hurdle! I have no "back up and restore" option in my file tab :-/

Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe as its a new feature