Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Smile Avatars

As a suggestion for future enhancements, being able to place an avatar in front of each player would be very helpful. Poker Edge has something similar and it is handy. A telephone, a fish, shark, bomb, etc. This can save a lot of note taking.

Also, a single button "replay last hand" with forward and back capability would be helpful.

I like the software and have no complaints, just thought I would make the suggestions.

If either or both of these already exist and I just haven't discovered them, please excuse my ignorance.

I excuse your Ignorance

It said that the good Lord did say we should be as little children, but all the little children I know have boundless curiousity

On that note I'm NOT going to post any links for you

I reckon you'll learn more by taking a stroll outside of your head & taking a look around at both your software & also the FAQ's here to see what's happening out here

Thumbs down Sighhhh

I suppose your post was an attempt at humor since it had no other relevance.

I did see where I could activate a hand replay button, albeit an illogical set of conditions to make it appear. Illogical at least to someone not intimately involved with the program.

I did not see in the FAQ, screen shots, or videos even a hint there was the ability to include a graphic in the HUD. Everything I have seen to this point was text and its configuration.

Don't worry, I am not asking you for assistance in finding such a feature if it exists. If it is there I will stumble onto it in time and it is not important.

As for curiosity, you are correct, NONE. Like most users I need 2% of the features of the program and the rest is wasted on me. Of course I haven't been called a child in 60 years and that, too, may have something to do with it.

Yes - It was humour, with an English/Irish 'u'. I don't think it travels well - so I apologise for that & also the lack of relevance to your need for shortcuts. Curiosity, hope, love & friendship IMO are the secret of youth. So if you thought I was calling you a child, then of course you should be flattered

###
    If you go here:
    Holdem Manager Forums - Powered by vBulletin
    You will find a section called 'share your auto-rate configurations' (Avatars) just past halfway down the page

This thread also will help you:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...s-meaning.html

###
    A very good way to search this forum is to put this:
    xxx site:forums.holdemmanager.com
    into a google search window (replacing xxx with a search word)

###
    I guess you must be a child of the '60's ... so Peace & Love to you skipbales

Banned

ooops... deleted

Too late - I caught the original unedited post - it was the correct link as you discovered
    BTW becky enjoys your posts v much. I'm calling out the doc again of course

Banned

mussa-fussa-ratzenburger-snarf!

[/hijack]

Default consideration

If I was too caustic you have my apologies. I really do seem to lack the sense of humor I had 40 years ago. I viewed your comments as pedantic and we old guys have less patience for things. That is why so many of us complain at restaurants, a habit I have avoided.

It certainly is a compliment to be referred to as young in any capacity. lol

Anyway, your second post has sent me in a correct direction I NEVER would have discovered on my own and you have saved me hours of frustration, for which I give you my whole hearted thanks.

I am a mixture of the old and the new. I wrote my first computer program on an Apple II E in dBase 2 the same year a player from my home game (Hal Fowler 1979) won the WSOP main event. It was always poker and computers but the technology has a way of passing you by.

I retired from technology and was relieved to know I would no longer have to struggle to keep up. I have reached a point where I expect everything to be intuitive and plug and play. If it is complicated I buy something simpler. I bought Holdem Manager because it was developed after Poker Tracker and had no legacy issues to deal with. I think it was the correct decision and will just have to invest a LITTLE time.

So, thanks for the tips. My best to you and good luck at the tables.

Default And there they are

It is as simple as going to page 118 in the manual and reading. I suppose there was a time I would have begun by reading the manual cover to cover but I have too many manuals and so little of the content applies to me I have become accustomed to jumping right in.

Thanks loki

Pleasure

###
    re previous posts

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand Replayer Overview
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand Replayer Options
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand History
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Marking Hands for Later Review
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Loading Hands into the Hand Replayer
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: ICM Tool
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hand Range Tool
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How Do I Post Hands in the Forums?

Hal Fowler only had that one big cash & diabetes got him in the end
    What was his/your home town ?

###
    I got my 93yo neighbour into using a mobile (cell) 'phone & a laptop for ordering food etc for home delivery & browsing the World. She loves the new freedoms - the doors opened. She regrets not 'keeping up' with tech, culture & social attitudes. That taught me something I'm not going to forget - don't get stuck in the era of your youth & don't only 'hang out' with people of your age & outlook. We go out monthly for an EXPENSIVE 'fine dining' meal & she gets a kick out of browsing the menus online & advance booking for our next 'hit'. Since she's teetotal it's my responsibilty to consume her half of the wines