Licence upgrade issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Licence upgrade issues

Hi,

I have HEM on my desktop as well as my laptop, and I've recently upgraded my licence to include PLO. Everything works fine on my desktop, where I activated the upgrade... but now I can't start HEM on my laptop anymore because it says I need a valid licence and I don't have the option to change my licence without the other licence being active. So basically I need to update my licence but I can't change it to the new one.

Any idea what I should do?

Thanks in advance,

Go to help > registration > clear HM and Omaha license, then restart HM and enter the new code.

If you get message that the license could not be cleared then do the following:
    First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...ial62.html]How to see hidden files in Windows

Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

3. Update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits on how to reset your code
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

I know that's how you reset your licence, but the problem is that because the old licence is triggered as an expired one I'm locked out of the program meaning I can't manually change it.

And followed steps below and there was no HoldemManager.lic file in the sharedlicences folder, I'm using vista if it helps.

Any other ideas? Ty again

Same problem here. Have deleted the files as per instruction however when I go to the page Registration Home Page I get the error message "This serial number is not valid or has not yet been used". I also cannot start Holdem Manager as the old key has expired. So I too am stuck in limbo where I cannot start HEM, and the rego pages won't work as the serial number has not been used. What to do...?

There - got it working!!!

Steps I used (Im sure support could add / remove steps as required):
    1. Uninstalled HEM, deleted all HEM files and directories and removed references to RVG from the registry
    2. Downloaded and installed the full installer
    3. Something must be stored still in the registry or database as it remembered my old rego key. When loaded it still "remembered" my old rego key. On the plus side - it let me enter! (unless support has since reset something in the system?)
    4. Cleared old rego key
    5. Restarted HEM and entered new key. Now all working OK!!!

* If you do this you will have to re-configure your HUD and anything else you had configured
    ** Do not EVER try playing with the Windows registry if you do not know what you are doing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I know that's how you reset your licence, but the problem is that because the old licence is triggered as an expired one I'm locked out of the program meaning I can't manually change it.

And followed steps below and there was no HoldemManager.lic file in the sharedlicences folder, I'm using vista if it helps.

Any other ideas? Ty again
    Please email me the reg.log file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/log folder and your old and new code and ill look into it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Mind PM'ing me your email since I can't find it anywhere and you have PM's disabled as well :P

Isn't solving this going to result into the same problem but on my desktop though? (which is my main machine for grinding)

Again thanks for quick reply though.

sorry forgot the email, its also at the top of each page support@holdemmanager.com

Had to temporarily enable the old 'PRO' code so he could clear it and register the 'PR2' code.

Hi I am having the same problem. Would someone be able to help me with this. Cheers