Extreme lag
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme lag

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Default Extreme lag

B4 i thought it was extremly laggy at times with the HUD on but i went down from 7-9tabling into 4tabling which helped a lot. Now thou with the latest beta the lag with the HUD is unbearable once again. I just turned it off and now it runs fine but once I turn the HUD on again, the superlag reappears.

I dunno if it has something to do with what clients im playing at ATM (ipoker appeared lagfree while betfair+party seemed laggish) or what but with the tables I have going now then it is supersick.

I play at

Merge
    PowerPoker
    Betfair

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Hey dude.

I have been checking out the performance tips etc but this was something spectacular. As I have said b4, I do have 4 gb ram, quad processor, SSD-disk and I defragment weekly. That shouldnt cause such slowness.

Reinstall a different version of SQL on a different port number.
    Something must be messing with your current SQL data stream.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Reinstall a different version of SQL on a different port number.
    Something must be messing with your current SQL data stream.
    I only find it with certain sites. Btw, i notice that the mergehands are updating very slowly. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Reinstalling my 2m+ DB seems very risky

As a test you can have both SQLs installed side by side.
    If you now have SQL 8.4.2 on port 5432, you can install SQL 8.3.10 on port 5433 where the two don't interfere with each other.

Edit the postgresql.conf file of both installations.

Patrick
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

HM2 Shark Tank Member

I just deposited at party and I am currently only running 2 tables, one ipoker-table and one party and even thou i just started playing and just rebooted my computer and it lags to the extreme.

I tried and realized that if I just shut down the table manager (and the HUD) then everything is perfect. So its probably not due to the postgres as I thought b4.

I must fix this, it is extremly annoying and if it appears site-specific then it should probably be easier to fix?

Did you try what i posted in your other thread? How did that go did it improve things and did you find those files?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Did you try what i posted in your other thread? How did that go did it improve things and did you find those files?
    What was that?

I just got back from vegas and was looking forward for some play but the HUD-thing is really killing me. I quit the tablemanager (and the HUD) and everything is running 100% perfectly, no lags whatsoever.

I dunno if it helps but it seems that the tablemanager is flickering (and its the only thing that is flickering). I would record a video of it and how laggy it is but I am quite certain that adding screencapturing to a superlaggy state would be pretty close to a disaster. I will be very active now in this thread from now on since it bothers me so much.

What sort of computer do you have: CPU, RAM, HARDDISK, etc.?
    Did you do/read all the steps in this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html