Format my computer- which folders to save?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Format my computer- which folders to save?

Which folders should i back up so i have hm working fine and won't need to re import hands again?

Thank you

You should backup all your original hands and export any hands, notes, HUDs, etc. This is in case the backup/restore of the database fails you will be able to import everything again and rebuild the DB.

Find and backup your \HMArchive folder. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

Export Your Notes -

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback - Options > Rakeback & Bonuses -

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

Make sure you export any custom HUD layouts to your \Config folder and copy it for a backup. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import / Export HUD Layout

and finally:

Export your hands - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands

Now you can perform a .backup, install the same version of postgresql, create a new DB, and restore the original DB. If you have any issues with the restored DB you will want to start a new DB and import all the old files.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database

Thank you for helping me.
    I 'm exporting hands from my database right now. I am not sure if i have enough space into my cpu to export them. Acctually the mainly reason i'll format my pc is the fullness of my disk. I don't know how to get more space.
    Ty sorry my english

Hi,

If you've another free drive try exporting there instead, if not try deleting some unused programs or downloads before exporting
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements in my signature - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

HTML Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr'        # Valid values are combinations of
                        # stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
                        # depending on platform.  csvlog
                        # requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
    logging_collector = off        # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

Regarding database maintenance:

You should regularly purge mined hands in your database, after purge vacuum / full analyze the database via pgadmin. You do not want to purge any Hero hands so make sure your alias is properly configured before purging.
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands from Database
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands

Then you can vacuum/analyze - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database

Before you defragment you should stop the PostgreSQL service:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > Stop Server

Use your favorite defrag tool. I recommend Smart Defrag.

After defrag I recommend you reboot your PC. If you need to access the DB before rebooting you can start the PostgreSQL service.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > Start Server

I stoped exporting hands before reading you answer.
    I don't know if you know but i did not format my notebook yet. I was doing the things u said in your first post.
    So i cant of lost here. Where all this process you post now should come?
    thank you for you patience

One more.

I was told (in one other internet forum) that i could save stuff from c: to d:dvd-ram and then delet things from c: to gain some room. Have i been leveled?
    Ps. I got a notebook with windows xp
    Last edited by Jhonnybegood; 04-26-2010 at 04:29 AM.

You should buy an external HDD and copy data, files and folders to this hdd.

A DVD also is a possible solution to move files/data to.

For some reason i can not copy things from c: to this dvr-r disks i bought.
    I tried to backup my stuff but the assistent says "the file name of back up can not be used"

Id suggest trying a different cd burner software, XP cd burner is a decent free one, also possibly imgburn
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.