Newb Needs Help

Thread: Newb Needs Help

Default Newb Needs Help

I have successfully purchased and installed Hold Em Manager. I am having problems though now importing my hand histories, I think.. This is the screen I get to and I tried to follow the instructions but having a hard time going through with the instructions... FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setting Up Auto Import Folders But honestly, I might need to go back and correct the 4th step down... FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Quick Start Guide . Please help me get this set up before FTOPS! Thanks.

* Please try updating to the latest version 1.10.06 from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work

Default Hey

How do I "run windows explorer and get to the holdem installation" ? I apologize for my donkiness w/ this, I am a ratard when it comes to computers.

Default Hey

I have got FTP working correctly I believe. Now I'm not sure how to manually add Pokerstars...even after looking at the FAQ's telling me how?
    Last edited by tnhooper45; 04-21-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: forgot something

Default Hey Again

Ok I got FTP working I believe. I'm trying to follow the directions on setting up Stars from the FAQ but I have a question about this. On this page,
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setting Up Auto Import Folders , it says Caution: do not add w/ a C:\ which is what mine is popping up as when I go through the "Add Auto Import Folder". It specifically says C:\Users\"Admin Name"\AppData\Local\Pokerstars\HandHistory\"Screen ame" . My question is...Am I doing this right or am I going to "severely slow down my computer" if I do this?

Your doing good...

Thats fine - Read this & look at the pic here:
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Stars Setup

read the other ones too

Default Hey

Thanks for helping...

I have turned the UAC off and made sure Stars is saving HH's.

I am still having the Setting Up Auto Import Folders trouble. This comment ( Caution: Do not add "C:\" for any Auto Import Folder! This will severely slowdown your PC.) scares me to go through w/ adding Stars because mine does in fact start with C:\ when I Add Auto Import Folder..

Hi tn

LOOK at the picture here & compare with what you have done
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Stars Setup
    You will see it is the same

Do not worry abour that "C:\" thing... it is badly worded & needs to be changed - it confused/worried me too

It is trying to say don't put the folder at the root of C:\ & you haven't done that if your path MATCHES the picture in the FAQ. OK ?