Fail to connect.. problems AND always ask me to active?

Default Fail to connect.. problems AND always ask me to active?

I know I sound like an idiot when repeating the sticked question... But

I have two problems after take a break from poker:

1) My holdem manager cannot connect to database. Tried uninstall KIS.. didn't work. I can of course re-install everything and prepare to lose my notes to all people...but is there another way?

2) Holdem manager always asking me to active before start now. WHY?

Basically, when I open my PGadmin, it report that sever doesn't listenI checked my postgresql.conf file, I am using 8.3 it doesn't have a listen_address parameter? Is this a system service problem? Any service that I didn't enable will cause this error? Please help.

I read the sticker and tired somenactios. The first thing pop up is that I do not have postgresql database service on my computer. I will try re-install the datbase and see if that will solve my problem.

Tried it, didn't work. Re-installed postgres sql and did not work. It definetly has nothing to do with anti-vius now, and it is because of some kind of postgres SQL set-up that I don't understand that prevent the server from listen...

what could it be? Help?

Try uninstalling your firewall and anti-virus temporarily and reboot. Now try to reinstall postgresql and get it running without the security software. Once you get sql working you can add back the security software, one at a time, to find the one that is causing the problems.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall))

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ager_Setup.exe

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
    A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    B) Reboot.
    C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe

Fozzy, b4 I tried the above it is ok now...The problem is fix I think because I go to the host file in windows adding one extra line. ::1 localhost or maybe just by re-install everything again.

Anyway, NOW HM always ask me to validate everytime I open the program, is that normal? Thanks.

Is it validating successfully?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Next, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...ial62.html]How to see hidden files in Windows

Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

Try and open and close a couple of times then and see if its the same. If so please attach the hosts file you edited
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.