simple question - how to find and export per-tournament results?

Default simple question - how to find and export per-tournament results?

For tax purposes, all US players must keep a record of their wins and losses on a per-tournament basis. This per-tournament result information is necessary to file properly.

In Holdem Manager, where can I find and export a breakdown of my results per tournament (i.e. not just my total tournament net win/loss for a time period)?

It is clear that the software knows this information (the graph, the "Data View" tab for Tourneys) but for the life of me, I just can't find anywhere in the software that provides my per-tournament results that I can export or from which I could calculate the sum of my winning tournaments and the sum of my losing tournaments. The software provides no way to export the grid under "Data View" to a Excel-friendly file.

Hopefully I'm missing something. Thanks in advance.

I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Hi, you can use the Export tourney results option when you right click the data view and then open the file with excel or some other program like that. Choose delimited and then "comma" and it will seperate all the fields for you, one row per tourney. The 4th column is buyin in cents and the 5th column is rake in cents. Column 20 is winnings in cents

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Rvg72 View Post
    Hi, you can use the Export tourney results option when you right click the data view and then open the file with excel or some other program like that. Choose delimited and then "comma" and it will seperate all the fields for you, one row per tourney. The 4th column is buyin in cents and the 5th column is rake in cents. Column 20 is winnings in cents

Roy
    Ah, thanks Roy. A little convoluted, but it works. I didn't even recognize those numbers in this export file as amounts of money, since they are expressed in cents.

Still, seems like there should be a more obvious way to get at these numbers. In fact, it seems like it would be quite simple to create a function in HEM that creates a "tax summary" -- an Excel-friendly file that combines the data for BOTH cash games and tournaments, broken down by session (along with any RB and Bonuses that were entered) for a player over a given year. It could also automatically calculate the sum of all winning sessions as well as the sum of all losing sessions, figures which US amateur players need for taxes.

On a more advanced level, it could potentially allocate rakeback over each session (e.g. if I made $1,000 in RB in a month, rather than account for it as a single winning session, it could allocate it over each session for the month on a basis proportional to the rake paid in each session). This is an acceptable means of accounting for rakeback and can sometimes have slightly positive tax effects.

It's not too difficult or overly time-consuming for the knowledgeable player to do these steps and compile the parts himself right now, but if the data's all in HEM already, why not let HEM handle it? Just a thought. I think I'll crosspost this to the suggestions forum.

Thanks again!