Not sure if this will work, but try removing the password requirements from the config file. If it doesn't work, follow the rest of my instructions further down in my reply.
When I try to start the PostgreSQL service manually through windows it says "Error1069: The service did not start due to a login error "
1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
HM will accept any password now.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL)
This happened when using our latest combo installer?
Originally Posted by waffleticket
Remove User Accounts From the Logon Screen in Windows Vista - How-To Geek
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.
For some reason the past week my database cannot connect to HEM and it seems like PostgreSQL is not starting or something. I tried reinstalling everything and it worked for 2 days and now it is not again.
First try to reboot.
If no help, try this:
Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service
Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service
If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.
Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Windows Firewall / Defender Problems
Please try following these FAQs, step by step:
1) FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
2) reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database
3) Still Can't Connect to PosgreSQL? Try This! - Holdem Manager Forums
If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands using these instructions
1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ager_Setup.exe
If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
net user postgres /delete
C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe