Note synchronization

Default Note synchronization

I, like many poker players, play on both a desktop PC and a laptop. I'm wondering does HM provide a convenient way of synching my player notes over both computers?

What happens to the unique notes I have already made on my laptop if I export my player notes from my desktop and import them into my laptop?

You could use an external hard drive but thats a bit overkill but heres the FAQ nonetheless http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=154

Alternatively you can use the export notes feature http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=119
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Very interesting link from the FAQ I haden't seen that. That could be a very useful solution.

With regards to importing/exporting notes though:

Lets say I have notes on 2 players (player A and player B) on my desktop. I export these notes and transfer them to my laptop. On my laptop I already have some notes. I have a seperate unique set of notes on player B and also notes on player C. So what do my notes look like once I have imported the notes that I exported from my desktop?

Do the notes on player B merge into one set or are the notes on B that I already had on my laptop replaced?

If its a duplicate note it will skip it otherwise it will add it to the current note so you shouldnt have any problems
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    If its a duplicate note it will skip it otherwise it will add it to the current note so you shouldnt have any problems
    Export/import notes does not work correctly:
    1) Lets say I have set of notes on player A on my desktop. I export these notes and transfer them to my laptop. On my laptop I add some new notes on player A. Then I export these notes and transfer new notes on my desktop. In this case program duplicates all my old notes!!!, not just adds new lines.
    2) After I exit HM, all my exported notes disappear.

Hi, thanks for reporting this. I will check both issues and get them fixed

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by zmax View Post
    2) After I exit HM, all my exported notes disappear.
    Sorry, i mean imported notes.

Quote Originally Posted by zmax View Post
    Export/import notes does not work correctly:
    1) Lets say I have set of notes on player A on my desktop. I export these notes and transfer them to my laptop. On my laptop I add some new notes on player A. Then I export these notes and transfer new notes on my desktop. In this case program duplicates all my old notes!!!, not just adds new lines.
    2) After I exit HM, all my imported notes disappear.
    In 1/06/04 rc5 this does not work