Problem instal postgres : come back :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem instal postgres : come back :(

Hello, I come back, I didn't find any solution to reinstall postgres. I try version 2, 3, 4 (combo). Always the same problem : not connecting.

I try so many things written like here :
    This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...ender+Problems

Please try following these FAQs, step by step:
    Done, done and done. I know, almost, how unstall postgres correctly...

I look in Event observator, here is a log with a problem with Postgres :
    - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="PostgreSQL" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-27T10:44:31.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>76608</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PC-de-Florent</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>Dépassement du délai pour le démarrage du serveur</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    "Dépassement du délai pour le démarrage du serveur" means : "Timeout for server startup"

Thank you...

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Install 8.2: http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/down...l-8.2.21-1.zip to port 5433
    With these install instructions: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...tallPostgreSQL

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thank you, but still the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.
    I check it, it's on.

I try with port 5433 or 5432 with theses instructions.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
    I have Vista. I use only windows firewall. I unstalled Avast 10 days ago.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
    It's done.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.
    Done.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off.
    Done and I stop windows firewall service.

If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.
    No other firewall.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.
    Done...

But still the same problem. With postgres 2, I cant start the service : "you do not have sufficient privileges for starting system services".

I dont understand, i have HEM since 2009 and i dont meet a problem like that, so long to solve.

I tried on another PC (portable, Vista...), I succed to install HEM in 3 minutes, grrr... Without turn off firewall or windows defender... I dont understand what s the problem on my main PC.
    Last edited by Flola; 12-01-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    And reboot.
    Is Vista Update to Service Pack 2?
    Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates.

Retry: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip
    At which stage during the 8.2 installation will you get an error?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    And reboot.
    Already done

Is Vista Update to Service Pack 2?
    Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates.
    I didn t have Service pack 2 but now, it s ok, it s install.

Retry: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip
    At which stage during the 8.2 installation will you get an error?
    I tried again, but still the same problem :

"fails to start Postgres service. Make sure you have sufficient privileges to start system services".

I tried to install not in Program files but in C: but it's still the same problem.

I test ping 127.0.0.1, it seems to be ok :
    "Ping de 127.0.0.1 :

PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.022 ms
    64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.016 ms
    64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.021 ms
    64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.018 ms
    64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=0.030 ms

--- 127.0.0.1 ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 3999ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.016/0.021/0.030/0.006 ms"
    Last edited by Flola; 12-02-2011 at 02:21 PM.

When i try to install Postgre 4 with the combo, I have this :

Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer session.

I need help!
    I try to install HM2-trial, to me an idea about software.
    Download, installation begins, but towards the end I sent that, I'm sorry but Postgre Sql can not be installed.
    I installed separately HM2, and tried to install the H Postgre manager ... same situation, what happens? that is the cause?

Try installing PostgreSQL separately with the 8.4.x installer from PostgreSQL: Welcome