PSQL Connection Problems , need some help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSQL Connection Problems , need some help!

Hey, I am now unable to open HEM after leaving it idle for a little bit, and not changing anything. When I try to start the service, I get the error:

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to stablish a connection to '127.0.0.1'"

hit OK

and it brings up the PSQL connection screen. I hit connect, and I get the error:

"A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I hit yes

"Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service"

I hit ok

"Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

and it just repeats.

I have checked the FAQ, and I have tried adding the lines recommended to the hosts file

127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 localhost

I have tried to go to services.msc and start PSQL and I get the error:

"Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I do have Kaspersky Internet Security installed, which has only been on my computer for around a week. Disabling it did not allow me to connect to PSQL. My database is crucial to keep. What can I do?

Thanks

Don't know if myt problem is the same or not so I'll add here.

When trying to connect through the Database Control Panel, I get the error "The Username and/or password were incorrect. Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the databse to accept this login and password?"

I click yes and still get the same error?

Is there a password for the trial version that I should be using?

Quote Originally Posted by czglory View Post
    Hey, I am now unable to open HEM after leaving it idle for a little bit, and not changing anything. When I try to start the service, I get the error:

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to stablish a connection to '127.0.0.1'"

hit OK

and it brings up the PSQL connection screen. I hit connect, and I get the error:

"A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I hit yes

"Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service"

I hit ok

"Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

and it just repeats.

I have checked the FAQ, and I have tried adding the lines recommended to the hosts file

127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 localhost

I have tried to go to services.msc and start PSQL and I get the error:

"Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I do have Kaspersky Internet Security installed, which has only been on my computer for around a week. Disabling it did not allow me to connect to PSQL. My database is crucial to keep. What can I do?

Thanks
    Please follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=34

Quote Originally Posted by RobertDeBruce View Post
    Don't know if myt problem is the same or not so I'll add here.

When trying to connect through the Database Control Panel, I get the error "The Username and/or password were incorrect. Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the databse to accept this login and password?"

I click yes and still get the same error?

Is there a password for the trial version that I should be using?
    Its the password you chose when setting up postgreSQL, try this if you cant remember it http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=66
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post

I tried everything there, I don't have the file to delete, and the FAQ doesn't say what to do if you don't have the file!

Fwiw I am not getting the insufficient privileges error

- I did the firewall stuff (even though I use kaspersky and not windows firewall), but I am worried about uninstalling PSQL. Will that delete my database?
    Last edited by czglory; 04-29-2009 at 04:15 PM.

If you dont have that file just skip to the next step, uninstalling wont delete your database
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    If you dont have that file just skip to the next step, uninstalling wont delete your database
    I have now done everything in both of the FAQs, including uninstalling my antivirus and then reinstalling PSQL, and I get the same error, even with no firewall/antivirus/freshly reinstalled PSQL.

Is there anything else I can try? I really need my database, as it has to do with a staking deal.

They wont help. Their customer service sucks. From what I've seen they get your money and refer you to the manual. My advice is to get a product that has great customer support.

I hope they can help, I really need some... and the manual is not helping.

Could someone help please? Tyvm

Anyone? I am trying this guide now http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8261

but I forgot to mention PSQL won't start, but it constantly shows "starting" in the services page.

And which software would that be Blackdiamond?