color coding by secondary stats

Default color coding by secondary stats

it would be great if there was a way to have the color ranges of a particular stat dependant on the the values of a secondary stat, so that each number would pull double duty and i could have half the stats on my HUD without losing any actual reads.

for example, i would like to have VPIP color determined by Limp/Fold%. at a glance, i would know the villians VPIP (by the number value expressed) and his L/F% (by the color of the the number [red <20, orange <40, yellow <60, etc]). it would be helpful if more than 5 color ranges were available.

i hate to link the competition, but PT3 has this option, seen here in Kraada's Advanced HUD M3

i'm about as far from a programmer as it gets, but would this be possible?

really? nobody thinks this would be a good idea?

I like the idea... and emailed the HM developers.

They weren't very enthusiastic. Some comments from the team:

" Grinders would be more likely to use popups as using color coding isn’t accurate, if you use 5 colors then using a 100pt stat as an example then your accuracy of what the stat actually is would be limited to 20pts so if it was orange which indicated VPIP between 20-40 then there is a big difference between 21 and 39. I know this doesn’t apply to all stats but it would be an issue. If you decided to use 10 colors then the difference is down to 10 pts for each color range however it would be quite complicated to remember the ranges of 10 different colors."

"Color coding in general is slightly complicated for new users, adding this variable would further complicate using color coding."

"if your using the secondary color coding you won’t be able to color code your primary stats such as VPIP/PFR/Hands/3bet etc which are usually the most important ones so there is a sacrifice for people who previously used color codling."

"if it’s a small job to implement and it didn’t over complicate the current color coding it probably would be a nice feature to showcase"
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    I like the idea... and emailed the HM developers.

They weren't very enthusiastic. Some comments from the team:

" Grinders would be more likely to use popups as using color coding isn’t accurate, if you use 5 colors then using a 100pt stat as an example then your accuracy of what the stat actually is would be limited to 20pts so if it was orange which indicated VPIP between 20-40 then there is a big difference between 21 and 39. I know this doesn’t apply to all stats but it would be an issue. If you decided to use 10 colors then the difference is down to 10 pts for each color range however it would be quite complicated to remember the ranges of 10 different colors." 2 comments here: personally, i wouldn't be using secondary stats here where a very accurate number would be required, more of a loose generality. secondly, if there WERE 10 color ranges (which there should be in any case), then one could accuratly gauge ranges by color only. i mean, really, this person has basically seconded myself with a vote for more than 5 color ranges. he admits that a 20 point range isn't enough for many stats. as far as rembering 10 different colors, meh, not hard for me anyway. full tilt poker has about this many color tabs for player notes, and i certianly use them all. ROYGBIV, anyone?

"Color coding in general is slightly complicated for new users, adding this variable would further complicate using color coding."using secondary stats to color code would be a more advanced option, obviously. i wouldn't expect it to replace standard color coding for many players. in the player preferences tab under HUD options, when entering ranges, having the option to enter [color] < [secondary stat][value] instead of the standard [color] < [value].

"if your using the secondary color coding you won’t be able to color code your primary stats such as VPIP/PFR/Hands/3bet etc which are usually the most important ones so there is a sacrifice for people who previously used color codling."as above, something like this would be for advanced users. i mean, really, is there that much point to coloring by ranges right now? other to get a pretty picture? if you can READ the number, having it colored by a certian range isn't a whole lot of use. you can already see the value, coloring by that value is redundant.

"if it’s a small job to implement and it didn’t over complicate the current color coding it probably would be a nice feature to showcase"unfortunatly (for me, anyway), i doubt very much this would be a simple job to implement.
    just some thoughts. i'm much happier with HEM than PT3, but this is one feature PT has that would be really nice.