Hm archive question

Default Hm archive question

HI,
    I HAVE A QUESTION. POKERSTARS SENT ME ALL MY HANDS DIVIDED INTO FILES. I OPEN HOLDEM MANAGER AND I IMPORTED THIS FILES WITH IMPORT FILES TAB. THEN I WENT TO MY HMARCHIVE AND I DON'T FIND THEM BUT IN HM I HAVE THE HANDS! WHICH IS THE DESTINATION OF THE IMPORT??? AND WHAT HAPPEN IF I BORROW A HISTORY HAND THAT IS INTO THE FOLDER HMARCHIVE? I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BEETWEN HMARCHIVE AND DATABASE..ARE THE SAME THING??THANK YOU!

The hands are moved to the archive folder when you auto import them for 20 minutes.

If you run a import from folder on handhistories, they will not be moved to the archive folder.

The archive folder only contains original handhistory files that were moved there during playing a session with the auto import.

All hands are also (both when you auto import / import from folder) added to the PostgreSQL database, which is in the Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder (but the hands are moved into various tables/indexes in the database)
    If you ever want to reimport them again into a new database, always also save them in their original handhistory formatting.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

thank you!!! so can I move my hh files to hm archive manually?cause If I see the hands and the results in Holdem Manager means that these files ( hh that ps sent me )are already into the database ( postgresql ) isn't it? did I understand?
    thank you again
    regards

Yes.. the imported hands are already in the database.

Manually move the files from PokerStars to your archive. (to save diskspace you could also only move the zipped/unextracted files.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

thanks a lot!
    bye