7678 update message, not available, manually download then offers 7665 LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 7678 update message, not available, manually download then offers 7665 LOL

you guys are funny

on top of all the problems with hm2 now this:

i start hm2, get an update dialog, then the dialog tells me the update is not available and blames it on my antivirus software and offers me to download the update 7678 manually ... and then it starts downloading 7665

but i'll switch to pokertracker 4 in the next days and then i'll probably want my money back on hm2 because it is a piece of crap software and you should be able to see that i didn't really use it so it should not be a problem to give me my money back!

Banned

STFU. You won't be missed. Very active though, 58 post on a forum of software you didn't use. You wanting your money back with such a lame excuse is just pure GREED.

Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe
    There is no reason to update to 7678, just stick to 7675. (or 7665)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

i have beta updates included in the updating settings

and your answere does in no way answere my question/problem nor do you acknowledge that there is or at least might be a problem nor do you offer to look into it

which is another reason for me giving pokertracker 4 a try

i don't know if you guys at holdemmanager are simply not experienced enough as in lack of knowledge or if you simply don't give a shit ... on top of all that you are pretty ignorant

the discussion forums are flooded with problem reports, some are as old as the first releases of hm2 ... and still not fixed ... or one has to give you a hint as in hey guys, this is still a problem, how about you include it in your lists (which you didn't so far) ...

(example: autoimport runs right from the start with a new installation ... in pokertracker i can turn this off so i can choose what to import and what not ...)

well ... anyway ... whatever ...

@ HossendeHaai
    LOL ... oh boy ... are you even 18 ... the number of posts a person has in a discussion forum might be used as an indicator on how much/often this person uses a specific software ... but if you take a closer look at those topics and posts i made then you'll see that at least 75% are about problems with the software ...

aside from that, as far as i know, on each start hm2 connects to a persons account and if i had made that software i'd keep track of the number of logins through the software so i have an indicator how frequent the software is used ...

mine then should say: rarely ... enough said

... so ... how about you STFU !!!
    Last edited by eilat-one; 01-15-2013 at 11:31 AM.

If you use beta updates, it's unfortunate we often have issues where either, there is a random error, or it keeps informing you there is a new update available (although you already have this build), etc. but these issues have a very low priority to be fixed.
    Instead, the beta build is usually deleted and it's fixed in the next build. The affected users should downgrade again to the last stable build.

Your auto import suggestion to turn if off by default after a new installation), the ticket HM-6111 has been closed. The ticket reads, 'will not fix, as this will confuse the majority of users who will be wondering why HM2 isn't automatically importing their hands.'

In summary, it's not that we don't care, but you've been unlucky on numerous occasions, your annoyances with HM2 have been valid, but they are at the bottom of the list of things that will be fixed... and in the case of the auto import issue, it will not be changed at all.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

as i said ... ignorant ...

when installing and setting up pokertracker is asking wether or not to autoimport right from the start ... so why can't you ? it's not that i am asking to turn if off completly by default but when one installs the software why not ask if he want it turned on or not? what's so hard about putting a checkbox [ ] Start auto import when Setup is finished ? in or pop up a dialog when hm(2) is first run and just ask? ... you could even put a few words of explaining text to it so the complete idiots understand what is being asked ...

as for the beta ... LOL ... this is a joke right? don't you get it that all those little things - which could be fixed so easily - just help build up all that frustration? and it's the "experienced" users who pay attention to those details that are posting in discussion forums and make or make not suggestions wether to buy holdem manager or pokertracker ...

it's people like me that take the time and point out such problems and bitch about them because we do have clue about such things like come on guys, this can be fixed in 5 minutes so why keep people complaining about it over and over again and not just fix it

in summary i have to say you do everything to make people believe you in fact really don't care at all ... otherwise you'd just get rid of such things

all this tool (hm2) so far did for me is getting me frustrated, costing me hours and hours of time, keeping me away from the tables, making me thing about things i don't want to have to think about ...

all i can do in the forums is warn people about this piece of software, recommending to go check out pokertracker 4 which seems to have a lot less problems than hm2 had from the beginning and now a year or more later still has ...

a friend of mine is going to buy a tracking program, guess what i'll be recommending (after i am done checking out pokertracker) ...

but what do you care ...

it's like hey, we got your money, so f*** off

and now i'll go a step further and put it into my signature as well ... something like: hate to say it but stay away from holdem manager or frustrated? i bet you're running holdem manager ... i am sure i'll find something better, a real catchy line ...
    Last edited by eilat-one; 01-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Hi,

I understand and can see from your history that you have some valid issues, i also seen in your history many times you have been abusive to our staff members and also of the developers, this is not acceptable and the next post that is abusive or insulting will result in a ban. The guys are doing their best to help and there is a better way to go about registering your frustration.

Its part of the support business that people will vent when they have issues as its a natural reaction, were pretty tolerant with that and usually let it go and its only a few times a year i have to warn people like this, i hope we can just put this behind us now and focus on getting through your reported issues.

If there are a bunch of bugs that are making using HM2 difficult for you were as interested as you in fixing them but there is a priority system and things take time but well get to them asap.

If this is not acceptable please contact me on pmorny@holdemmanager.com and i will work towards getting you a refund as i do appreciate you have had some issues and i do apologize for that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

well, i admit that i can get pretty rude when i don't get the correct answere or an answere that is just not acceptable and makes me feel i am beeing ignored or not taken seriously ...

as you say yourself i have had and still have valid issues with holdem manager 2

but how does that help me? how did it help me in the past? not one bit as far as i can say ...

on top of it i get answeres like

- the ticket has been closed, will not be fixed because it might confuse people (yeah, right, something complex as a poker tracking program sure has lots of customers that get confused easily, of course you can not ask them to uncheck a checkbox that says start autoimport when setup is finished or something like that)

- or this one:

If you use beta updates, it's unfortunate we often have issues where either, there is a random error, or it keeps informing you there is a new update available (although you already have this build), etc. but these issues have a very low priority to be fixed.
    Instead, the beta build is usually deleted and it's fixed in the next build. The affected users should downgrade again to the last stable build.
    hmm, what does this even mean? that you don't have a clue about how to set up an update process system that actually WORKS ?

oh, i forgot, it does work and in case it does not it still works, just don't use holdem manager 2 and you don't have problems ... at least that's how i read this ... because all i am doing is using holdem manager 2 (right, that was a lie, i don't use it i just try to use it and run into problems again and again) ... turn off the features we (YOU) are providing and it works just fine

and sorry about me thinking that if the software is offering me an update and the update is not available and then instead offers me to download it manually and points me to a website which only offers me an older version ... oh, right ... still everything is ok ... just don't update, just don't use beta, just don't do anything and everything will just work fine

NOT

you get my point?

asap means never ... example: the ticket that has been closed ... why does pokertracker think this is an important option to have ... when i install pokertracker i can choose to autoimport right from the start ot not to autoimport right from the start so i have full control of what gets imported when ...

whatever ...

as for the refund ... i'll think about it ... fact is holdem manager has some things that i do like but as long as the problems are not fixed and i keep running into new problems it is really frustrating ... so far buying it has only cost me money and lots and lots of time ...

I'll meet you half way and reconsider HM-6111, i am making no promises but if you can convince me why this will benefit a lot of people without inconveniencing many people ill certainly consider adding it.

What i don't understand is why it would matter, it has happened to me where hands are imported but if i don't want hands to be imported then i wouldn't add that folder as an auto import folder, and even if they were imported if i don't need them i would just ignore them.

What i definitely want to avoid is lots of people reporting their hud not working because they didn't realize "don't automatically start auto import" is selected.

Maybe im misunderstanding the context but it sounds like you have some sort of complicated import system setup between more than 1 tracking program and maybe that's why its causing an issue, if you explain exactly the circumstances in which its happening it will give me a better context. But if you put up a convincing argument then ill certainly consider it. Because PT have it is not what i would call a good reason, its well known that PT have a lot less features than us but that isnt a good reason for them to add everyone of our features and vice versa.

Regarding the beta issue, this is optional, you can opt out of it in settings > updates. If your using a beta version then there is a higher chance you'll encounter issues, this is the whole point of the beta, it allows us to deliver fixes to people quicker who are waiting on them, in return they provide useful and invaluable feedback to us, were very grateful for that but if your having a lot of issues with beta release i would suggest unsubscribing and waiting for the stable release.

Its probably not the thread to be reporting bugs in, might be best to use this for your response on HM-6111 and then if you still have open additional issues which haven't been addressed please start a new thread, recap what you've done and well do our best to look into it.

We are completely dedicated to making HM2 the best product it can be, we have had a lot of bumps along the way and we don't deny there still isn't some issues but we have made huge improvements, were continuing to release regular updates, we even got a couple of beta builds out during the xmas and new year holidays to address issues and released 4 official builds in December. Were not going to sort out all your issues today but if you have valid issues we will do our best to get them into our schedule asap based on the priority we decide internally.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

first: i am an experienced computer user paying a lot of attention to size of database and performance ... i play poker mainly on like 4 or 5 rooms (pokerstars.eu, pokerstars.fr, full tilt, partypoker, wpt) and randomly on rooms like cake poker, 888, 770, pkr, ...

those rooms i play mainly on i want to import ... but those i play only randomly i don't want to import (and for sure not automatically)

i am also trying out new postgresql releases and other poker tracking software like pokertracker ... along the way i get responses like update postgresql, uninstall hm2 and do a fresh reinstall of hm2 (yes, surprise, i got this at least one time from this support forum) ...

and all for what: not because i am bored but to give feedback to you

why would i want to have my database bigger than it neets to be ... so i want to leave those rooms i only play randomly out of it ... just import the main rooms i am playing in ... and because i do try a lot of things to get problems fixed i have to re-install

aside from that: i pay attention on what's going on when installing software ... i am not the kind of user that just clicks next, next, next, ... finished run ...

so when i do a fresh install/reinstall i want to have full control on what's going on ... aside from the fact that hm2 after a fresh install completly ignores the fact that there are users with a more complex setup than the regular user ... but those are also the users who provide feedback to you in a way where you are able to reproduce errors and at least understand what they are talking about ...

yes, my setup is more complex ... in fact i have a folder called hand histories where all rooms who support it save their hand histories ... hm2 then reads from that folder room by room (and only those rooms i want hm2 to import from) and - if at that time possible, moves the processed files to another folder called hm2archives with subfolders for each room

all those folders are not on the usual drive c but on drive d (where i store data)

to get to the point: each time i do a re-install (because i want to, because you recommend it, because for whatever reason) hm2 just starts importing, uses the wrong rooms, maybe moves files already i don't want to be moved (not sure about that at the moment) but in general does things i don't want hm2 to do because it does not fit my needs ... it makes things complicated for me (checking what did hm2 do what i don't want it to do), deleting the database that has been created, creating a new one, ...

this is very time consuming and frustrating

so i want hm2 to give me an option to decide wether it should import right from the start or not ... hey, you can have that option enabled/activated by default, i could live with that and your average customers would not get "confused" ... but please give me the option to say well, i am not your average customer and for sure i don't get confused and let me uncheck that option so i can use hm2 the way i want to use it

that's all i am asking ... put in a checkbox which is checked by default and let me (and everyone else who cares about that) uncheck that checkbox at some point before hm2 is run for the first time and tries to import things i don't want it to import ...

so those who have no clue will not even notice there's a checkbox that can be unchecked because they don't pay attention to such things ... so they won't get confused ...

---

beta: i know what a beta is and you got it wrong, i did not complain about a beta having issues ... i complain about offering betas through a system that is not working ...

well, i'd say if you offer a feature then either it works or it does not work: if you offer to install beta versions than the process of installing beta versions should work and not produce errors and confuse people ... your update service is not working correctly ...

if i have 6666 installed and run it and a message pops up telling me there's an update available called 7777 and yes, i do want to install 7777 please download and install and then i get a message that 7777 is not available and it offers me to download it manually and i say yes, ok then i download it manually but i get pointed to a download which only lets me download 5555 then there is something wrong

the confused customer now thinks (or tries to) well, didn't work, better luck next time ... he does not go to the trouble reporting that problem so it can get fixed ... he just accepts his fate (and maybe thinks, how nice, another thing that does not work with hm2 ... hm2 is crap ...)

but those who want to use hm2, who payed money for it, those who want to have bugs fixed so they can concentrate on the things they bought this software in the first place ... those go to the trouble reporting this as a bug

and then some support guy comes along and tells them what: don't use it ... ???

if you introduce features that don't work than either disable those features or make them work ... but don't tell people not to use them