Sidelined after updating to 7223

Default Sidelined after updating to 7223

- HEM2 working fine before update. I have a large database and HEM2 took about 2 days to reimport all my hands and create a new database for the update. First session after the completed update, reimport, new database etc I start up HEM2 and only play for about 10 min. Pokerstars and other programs on my computer are uncharacteristly very lagy. Decide to end session and restart computer. (in this ten minutes I also updated Table Scan Turbo, don't think problems are related to this). Computer can't properly restart / shutdown and after several minutes I manually shutdown compture holding down power button.

- when turn computer back on warning comes up saying it needs to to some sort of disc check for corrupted files before windows starts - takes about 10 min, not really sure what going on, never had this before. Less than year old dell xps, quadcore i7, 8gb ram fast good comptuer. Computer boots up normally after update and runs fine. But HEM2 wont' start.

- I get the can not connect / failed to start postgres error. I open this wizardpostrgres problem window wizard.png

- I click the trouble shooting link and watch the video. Windows is up to date - however it did some sort of autoupdate to the microsoft.net framework the first time I rebooted after it crashed. I tried to reset the password and got an error message saying "Sorry we are unable to reset your password" UAC is set at lowest setting with bar slid all the way down.

- I try to start the services as suggested in the help video through window services and get this error postgres problem start 1.png

Not sure what to do now? Already lost 2-3 days of play for the update and now this problem is costing me even more time. I'm 5k vpp away from a milestone bonus I badly need and hope to sort this out quickly.

*Note* I'm 90% sure that before any of the problems I had two versions of postgres on my machine 8.2 and 8.4. I think I installed 8.2 because 8.4 didn't work. I think my database/HEM2 ran off the 8.2 version but am not sure. Anyway after either the HEM2 update or the Microsoft.net update I have noticed that the 8.4 version had disappreard and I only have 8.2. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Check if PostgreSQL 8.2 is using port 5432, or is running on another port (5433, 5434?)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

After several attempts to start and stop the sevice and reboot it doesn't work. My firewall setting have not changed at all from when it was working before

I don't have a postmaster.pid file. This is what I have: no postmaster.pid.png

It appears it is using port 5432

How do I reinstall PostgreSQL completely? Do I need to do a clean uninstall of the existing one first, if so how? I would prefer to unistall the old one for a clean install of the new one.

What version of PostgreSQL should I install? Do you have a link to the download?

Once I reinstall it what else do I have to do to get playing again? What data and info might I lose? ( I have all my HH arhive backed up)
    Last edited by RiverRock55; 08-18-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

The first thing you must do is a HDD check and also backup your files. Check your hard disk for errors
    Backup Your Files

Also please backup your HM2Archive folder so you do not lose any hands if your HDD is in fact corrupted.

If all is ok, please follow the instructions in these FAQs explaining how to reinstall PostgreSQL while preserving your database.

8.4 - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rving+database

8.3 - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rving+database

Then What?

Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Okay, did the HDD check and my harddrive is fine.

Reinstalled Postgres 8.2 and still get the same error message about HEM2 not connecting

I am sure I followed the install instructions in the FAQ correctly. One strage this about the reinstall is at the last step there was no "lauch stack builder" box to uncheck.

Super frusterated, need to play. What now?

*note - getting playing as soon as possible is more important than saving my DB. I would like to save my DB but if it means another lost week of work messing around then it's not worth it.

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the issues you are having with HM2, Please let us know when you are available in GMT time. Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

The World Clock - Search Results This link will help you convert your time.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 Make sure you have updated your windows using the Windows Update feature Microsoft Windows Update Please keep checking for updates until windows shows twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates.
    2 Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue
    Please download this version, it's the only one compatible with our version.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer

After the meeting is set up, then

Please email the ID and password 5-10 minutes before.

Please replay with the dates and times to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and a link to this thread

Thanks
    Holdem Manager Support