"A Software Problem Caused Holdem Manager to close unexpectedly"

Default "A Software Problem Caused Holdem Manager to close unexpectedly"

In classic HEM fashion, I've bought HM2, and two days after getting it set up, I get this message. I've re-installed 3 different times, and read through the forums to try and fix the problem on my own.

Is it just me, or does HEM have problems about 4 times a year? Why can't they just build a product that is stable and works? Especially if they're charging good money for it. I mean, I can't think of a program or app that I've paid this much money for, that has had this many problems over the course of a few years. Kind of ridiculous, considering people need this to make a living.

Please let me know (In proper english) what I need to do to fix this thing once again! Thank you to the support people in advance.

Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...date130412.exe

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life

When there is a crash, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\appdata\HoldemManager
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Update to: [url]
    Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life

When there is a crash, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\appdata\HoldemManager
    I run Window 7 I believe in Paralells for Mac. Why do I have to turn parts of the firewall off?

I have no idea what most of that means.

Run windows explorer? I looked and searched through the C drive and there is nothing titled "holdem Manager2 installation" What is an executable?

For now, I will re install for the 4th time and see if there are any windows updates.

I still think it's totally bogus that I have to do all of this. The program should work better and be more stable if I'm paying for it. I should get a refund for all the lost time and time I've spent fixing these little problems over the last few years. Because, let's be honest. this won't be the first or the last time.

Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...pdate_6658.exe

You don't have to turn the firewall off, but you have to add exceptions to the firewall so it doesn't block HoldemManager.
    Read: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ender+Problems

---

The location of the files is C:/Program Files(x86)/HoldemManager2

HoldemManager (HM1 and HM2... also also PT3 and PT4) run on top of a PostgreSQL database.
    The database run a PostgreSQL server on your computer. It's essential PostgreSQL and the poker tracking software (which communicates with the server) have super user administrator priviliges.... where it's not blocked (or even monitored) by a firewall, Windows itself or an anti-virus program.

Also read: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here