4b/fold vs 3b IP/OOP meaning
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 4b/fold vs 3b IP/OOP meaning

Hi,

In HM1 i remember that fold vs 3b OOP meant that someone OOP 3betted, not that the player being 3betted was OOP. Which btw was kind of confusing, Anyway, the question is: is this still so? For instance, EP Fold vs 3b OOP refers to those times when EP is 3betted by the blinds? (despite the fact that EP is actually IP in this spot).

Thank you very much in advanced.

I don't know which it is, but to my mind it should be that EP Fold to 3Bet OOP means the times one is in early position and you fold when facing a 3Bet making you out of position i.e for EP facing a 3-bet from MP / CO / OTB...and that EP Fold to 3Bet IP, is facing a 3-bet from the blinds. In other words the IP / OOP tag relates to the position the person now taking the action is. I have always assumed that to be the case for things like CBet IP etc.

Would be very good to get this cleared up as I am about to add all this to my HUD.
    Last edited by Oracle3001; 11-23-2011 at 11:01 AM.

HM1 definitions:

Fold_vs_3b.EP.IP: Fold to 3-Bet in EP when the 3-bet comes from someone behind you
    Fold_vs_3b.EP.Blind: Fold to 3-Bet in EP when the 3-bet comes from the blinds

I was wrong about the name when u face the 3b coming from the blinds (it specifically says blind, rather than OOP as i suggested). But the IP definition applies.

However, since HM2 do not make the opposition IP/blind anymore, and they use IP/OOP instead I guess they changed to to the more logical approach, but Im not sure....

IP/OOP means you or the person who's hud stats you're viewing.

So if they cbet and then fold IP, it means the players all checked to them, they cbet and got raised and fold.

fold vs 3b ep ip = they're ip in ep and get 3bet by someone that they have position on - i.e. the blinds.

And to clarify is fold vs 3bet, only when you were the one that raised first in?

Cos if not, fold vs 3bet IP could count towards both of these situation, which are quite different...(i) Player X on the button, MP opens, CO 3bet, Player X folds to 3bet and (ii) Player X opens on the button, SB 3bets, Player X folds.

vs 3bet is only where you opened and got 3bet. It's not vs a cold 4bet opportunity.

i've been creating some popups and ive noticed that the 4b ip/foldvs3bIP/call3bIP (and its OOP version) do not add up as they should in any position. The foldvs3b seem to be swapped, so that in order to get the 100% you need to put together 4bip/foldvs3bOOP/callvs3bIP.

Please check it and confirm whether this is due to foldvs3bip/oop being swapped or has something to do with the ip/oop definition.

I emailed zep for clarification - I get confused with the IP/OOP and don't want to misspeak.

"I get confused with the IP/OOP and don't want to misspeak."

That kind of says it all...how do you expect your customers to know / remember.

I've had a similar problem to JSanz.

I've been looking at how the CO reacts to 3bets, whether they fold/call/4bet both IP and OOP, but when you add the stats up (and the bracketed number seems to confirm this also) it's as though Fold to 3bet IP should go with call 3bet oop and 4bet oop and that Fold to 3bet OOP should go with call 3bet IP and 4bet IP, which makes no sense to me!! This also leaves us clueless as to which group actually gives us the IP or OOP stats!

I think the stats need a good checking over because I feel as though quite a few aren't giving us the numbers they should do. Plus I really think we need a definitive HM2 stats definition page (apologies if this has been added recently, I haven't seen one). I know we can click 'stats' on the reports page and get some definitions, but there are only a few of the very basic ones. Some of the new, more complex stats can easily be interpreted in different ways by different people and cause big problems. I think this is really important!