McAffee quarantines a file HM3

Default McAffee quarantines a file HM3

Hello, I reformated my computer and while trying to install HM3 on my fresh computer I got a pop up warning from McAffee saying a Trojan Horse was detected.

I know that false positives happen, but I wanted to make sure that If there is a problem or if it is normal. Thank you in advance

https://i.gyazo.com/8c774231b9f2b6c3...1f8a64c539.png

This is a false positive. This is a big reason we do not recommend many AV's. We recommend Kaspersky and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Avast causes major issues. It blocks the database folder, keeping us from writing to it. In some cases, we have seen Avast corrupt Windows to the point the hard drive needs to be reformatted. We do not recommend using it at any time. We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials or Kaspersky for the lowest chance of HM2 conflicts while staying protected against viruses.

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    - After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock.*
    * If you do not see an 'unblock' option you can ignore this step.
    - Then, right click the file and run as administrator.
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it should be enabled), and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall)
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials (unless you are using Windows 10) for antivirus/malware protection and update it - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thank you for your quick response. Yes I Figured it could be something like that but I had to be sure.

Since we are here on this topic let me tell you that I Scanned Holdem_Manager_Server.exe and Holdem_Manager_serverx86.exe.

The results in VirusTotal.com come as Clean as a whistle for Holdem_Manager_Server.exe, and half and half for Holdem_Manager_serverx86.exe ( exactly the anti virus you described). One thing I noticed is that the first one had a Signature Verification and the x86 one didnt have one. so you may want to look into it just in case a lot of people are having a lot of false positives.

You can close the topic. thank you very much