HM2 and Party Poker crashing together

Default HM2 and Party Poker crashing together

I have a problem with my HM2 installation - it's been working happily with Party Poker for years, and I always keep it updated. I have Bitdefender installed, but have all the appropriate exceptions set for AV and Firewall. (I have also tried removing BD during this troubleshoot, but it made no difference)

Recently I performed a Win10 update, and since then HM2 has been unusable.

1. I have removed HM2 using Windows control panel, and reinstalled.
    2. The app starts up ok, and I can browse around the reports etc - all good.
    3. If I then open Party Poker, both PP and HM2 close.
    4. When I try and open HM2 again, I get an error regarding Assembly Validation.
    5. I then delete the Validation folder and restart my laptop.
    6. I install HM2 (using latest download version), and all is good with HM2 until I open Party Poker, and both apps close together, and I'm back to step 1.

Please help

This looks like an isolated issue with our validation process that protects our files from being replaced. It only happens on the Full Installer.

Please update to the latest version if you haven't updated recently - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...r_2_Update.exe

- After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock.*
    * If you do not see an 'unblock' option you can ignore this step.
    - Then, right click the file and run as administrator.

If you continue to have problems:

Please try to rollback to 8197 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe

- After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock.*

Try to start HM2 and if you have the same error please email us the log file - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

If 8197 started without the same problem please update to the latest beta build - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe

If you continue to have problems, and you are planning to send us the log file from 8197 via email, please try the next steps first and let us know if it helps/helped when sending the 8197 log file:

Create a backup of your settings by following this FAQ - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Create a Backup and restore default settings

Uninstall HM2 and then Reinstall HM2 from this file - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

If none of that helps please close HM2 and try to copy all files/folders EXCEPT FOR \Database and NoteCaddyDefinitions from C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager to a new \Desktop folder. This will cause you to lose all of your settings but it will hopefully solve the problem.

If that solves your problem please zip the settings from the TEMP directory you backed up earlier and upload it to a file hosting site like googledrive, dropbox, or filedropper and email us a download link for testing. This will help us in preventing the issue coming back in future.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thank you.

The issue seems to be isolated to 8500. When I rolled back to 8197, HM2 and Party Poker work perfectly well together. As soon as I then upgrade to 8500 again, the two apps will not play nicely and they crash and I have to re-install HM2 (I have to restart my laptop then before I can run the installer for HM2 again).

Following your instructions, after I had proven 8197 worked ok, I followed your BETA link, but it just seems to download the 8500 install file. When I installed this, HM2 crashed with PP again and I had to re-install 8197.

So current status is that I have 8197 installed and working. I'm not sure what logs I should send you now....?

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)