HM2 stuck at preloading hands

Default HM2 stuck at preloading hands

I've been having this issue for years now, but it is getting worse. It used to happen once in ten times I started HM, but nowadays it happens ten times before I can start the program.

When I start HM2 the main screen and preloading hands popup show, normally this takes a few seconds and the preloading hands popup dissapears and I can use HM2. But most of the times the preloading hands screen never dissapears and I need to kill the program and try again. Sometimes I have to do this up to ten times before the program loads the hands and I can use it. Sometimes when I kill the program it just closes and sometimes I get the "send error report" screen.

I have a rather small DB stored on a SSD, I do have an average computer with windows 10.

I have tried to reinstall postgress and HM, but that didn't help.
    And found an other forum post that recommended changing my coutry to the US, but no luck there.

Are there other things I can try?

You may have a large number of old (unsupported/stuck) hand history files in your auto import folders. See this FAQ to resolve those issues - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Play Money Hands

This could be caused by cultural conflicts in the software. You will just need to reset the culture info.

1) Please open Windows control panel.
    2) Open Region-Language
    3) Change your region to English (United States)
    4) Change your location to United States

Change all time, numerical and financial settings to default. Do not use any customized ones.

Afterwards, you can set it back to your standard setting.

Please close HM2. Follow this FAQ guide to run maintenance on the database through PGAdminIII:

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

After a few months I accidentally stumbled on the solution.

The problem was with the default hardware acceleration in Windows 10. I solved it by deactivating hardware acceleration in the nvidea control center. (set CUDA- GPUs to "none" for HEM2)

I hope this helps if anybody has the same problem and stumbles on this thread

I will pass this along. This has been a very difficult issue and every solution we've discovered has not worked for others, but this is something we never came across.

Thank you.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)