Problem starting HM2

Default Problem starting HM2

Hi,

mid session HM2 has just stopped displaying on my screen. I minimised HM2 while I was playing. When I stopped playing and clicked the HM2 icon on the taskbar it did nothing. It appeared as though the program was still running but it would not maximise to show on my screen.

I closed the program down and restarted. It appeared to start as normal with the pop up showing its loading/loading hands etc but then it does not open the program on my screen. The HM2 icon shows in the taskbar but again clicking it does nothing and the program will not maximise. Please help!

I've made sure I've got the most update version available online.

I don't know what else to do another than a complete re-install. Will this effect my database though?

Thank you

Reinstallment has nothing to do with the database.

Please follow this FAQ to fix the problem with windows moving off screen:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...eyboard-trick/

If it continues:

Sometimes the .net framework installation can become corrupt. This can cause several problems including freezes on startup, registration issues, crashes and more. The following FAQ walks you through safely uninstalling .net framework and reinstalling it again - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Holdem Manager .NET Cleanup and update Instructions

Please try a clean install of HM2. This will preserve your database and backup your HUD and settings.

1) Export any custom HUD configs.
    2) Open the HM2 > HUD Settings > HUD Designer menu > Click 'Reset' > [x] All Configs > OK

Step 1 – Restore Default Settings:
    First try restoring your default settings, often some settings files can become corrupt and cause these issues:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Create a Backup and restore default settings

Step 2 – Uninstall and reinstall HM2 with Revo uninstaller:
    Other times critical system files may not have been installed on previous updates and it can also cause these types of errors or in some cases antiviruses may have removed files that it mistook for unsafe. Doing a revo uninstall also removes old registry file information which might have become corrupt. You can download the free version here: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html and there is a useful tutorial how to use it here:
    http://www.guidingtech.com/457/revo-uninstaller/

Uninstall Holdem Manager 2 via Revo unistaller and then reinstall this version:
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

Please add this file to your firewall and antivirus exceptions and run it as Administrator.

Step 3 – Follow the steps in this FAQ:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Set Correct Permissions on files and folders HM2 use

Step 4: If the default settings work, please use the FAQ in step 1 to restore your settings and test them. If the problems then return you will need to reset your settings to default again and use those going forward.

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools or Start > Search > 'Event Viewer') > Windows Logs > Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click > 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Boom!

Nice one Chris. All sorted. It had moved off screen somehow??

Thanks again

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)