Popup positional stats' values mismatch what filters yield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Popup positional stats' values mismatch what filters yield

Hello!

The problem is more general, but the specific example is the following.

I select filters

A) "Other Advanced Filters" --> [Preflop/Could 3Bet = True]
    "Basic Filters" --> "Position And Action" --> "Raisers Position" = Early (only one check-mark in the Early box)

and get 1329 hands

B) I add "Other Advanced Filters" --> [Preflop/Did 3Bet = True]
    to the above filters

and now get 36 hands

So, I reckon, the value for "3bet vs EP" stat should be 36/1329 or 0.02708803611738149
    which would be 2.71% with rounding. Popup shows me 2.63% for this stat

So, It's either a bug (which I hope it's not), or this stat uses slightly other spots to determine opportunity/made action.
    (no squeeze-3bets? no 3bets of a raiser who raised limpers?).

I also encounter similar missmatch in positional versions of different stats, so I'd be grateful if you clarify this.

HM's version is: 2.0.0.8470

The stats are based on opportunities. They aren't all based on # of total hands. So if someone goes all-in, or someone else raises in front of you, you can't 3-bet. The hand would not count as an opportunity to 3-bet. You can filter for could 3-bet to see # of opportunities.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yes, I understand that. That's exactly the filter I used. "Could 3-bet". Then, I added "Did 3-bet". I suppose, there's always 1 (or 0) 3-bet opportunity per hand. So, the number of hands filter gives could be used as # of opportunities/made actions.

2) in 4-handed game:
    CO opens to 2.5BB
    BU calls
    SB folds

Hero is BB.

Should this hand pass "In BB and Steal Attempted" filter?

In general, many stats seem to be a little off what they should be, given what hands are shown by various filters.

I wonder, if there could be some caching issue, causing this. I created separate DB in HM2 and imported some hands, and I don't use this DB live with poker clients - so that I have some 'fixed' dataset on which I study stats. Could it be the case, that stats are pre-calculated and then stored internally in HM, and - because DB isn't loaded new hands into any more - they don't ever get recalculated? If so, is there any way to recalculate cached values, but without loading any new hands?

Also, stats in reports & hud don't match. In "Overall" report I added stats "vs 3Bet Call%" and "vs 3Bet Fold%". Their values are 24.2% and 64.8%. In the HUD stats are 24.37% & 65.58%

there's screenshot - I highlighted stats with red rectangles.
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s239/...7ef2a6a6c689aa

Could you please explain why this difference could occur? It's either different calculation methods, or stats in HUD are out of sync somehow.. Generally, I was able to confirm various values from "Overall" report's stats to the numbers of hands which filters yield. Whereas HUD's stats differ from those (including positional), and as we see on the screenshot, even the same stats are different somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Blank View Post
    2) in 4-handed game:
    CO opens to 2.5BB
    BU calls
    SB folds

Hero is BB.

Should this hand pass "In BB and Steal Attempted" filter?
    This would not, since it's 4-handed.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

In general, many stats seem to be a little off what they should be, given what hands are shown by various filters.

I wonder, if there could be some caching issue, causing this. I created separate DB in HM2 and imported some hands, and I don't use this DB live with poker clients - so that I have some 'fixed' dataset on which I study stats. Could it be the case, that stats are pre-calculated and then stored internally in HM, and - because DB isn't loaded new hands into any more - they don't ever get recalculated? If so, is there any way to recalculate cached values, but without loading any new hands?
    Also, stats in reports & hud don't match. In "Overall" report I added stats "vs 3Bet Call%" and "vs 3Bet Fold%". Their values are 24.2% and 64.8%. In the HUD stats are 24.37% & 65.58%

Could you please explain why this difference could occur? It's either different calculation methods, or stats in HUD are out of sync somehow.. Generally, I was able to confirm various values from "Overall" report's stats to the numbers of hands which filters yield. Whereas HUD's stats differ from those (including positional), and as we see on the screenshot, even the same stats are different somehow.
    If you continue to have problems please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to us using the 'Contact Support' link.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31 or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Could you please respond to this? Is this a bug?

Could you please respond to this? Is this a bug?
    I figured it out, it was due to 20k limit on hands in replayer..