Slow HUD

Thread: Slow HUD

Default Slow HUD

N.B. I am a very basic computer user, so no complex answers, please

I have a brand new computer (Windows 10 Pro, Intel i 5-6500 3.2GHz, 8Gb, 64-bit, X64).

I have nothing in my trashcan, I am running nothing but HM2, BetOnline, NoteCaddy, and BetOnline Cardcatcher (HM2 takes up most of the memory when I check my "Task Manager", HM2 is using the highest amount of energy.

Problems:
    When I click the note icon to make notes on a player, there are very long labs between when I click the cursor inside the note and how long it actually takes to type in the letters, it can go through an entire hand or two before typing it.

When I right click a part of the HUD to move it... there are significant lags between the time I click and move it and when it actually moves.

Are there any known tricks to help me speed up these problems?

Thanks,

Don

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC - http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCadd...provement.ashx

You can also try the steps in the following AJA Performance Guide - http://www.notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy%2...ide%20v1.2.pdf

How big is your database and how many hero hands are in the database? If you have a large database you can try to edit the hm2 config file to force HM2 to use more or less RAM and see if it helps. Here is a text document with instructions if you want to try that also - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...kingSetCap.txt

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues you're seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Fix Holdem Manager 2 Lagging (Reports & HUD) - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your new \HM2logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I changed as much of the above as I felt comfortable doing that did not seem too techy. Results, I can now hover over the notecaddy panel badges and get info quickly; however, when I try to type a note, it slows and says "Not responding"; I still can't get any HUD stats to popup when I hover over a HUD stat such as "3B" or "SB" etc

My RAM = 8.0 GB; it says:
    5/7.8 ... 64%, avail = 2.8 GB; Committed = 8.4/16/4 GB, Cached = 1.8GB

CPU = i5-6500 CPU@3.2 GHz, 3192 Mhz

I have the same problem when hovering over stats - no popups apear(need to left click if you want to see popups).I run Windows 10.My database is very small since i just installed HM2.My PC specs AMD 8-core FX8350 4GHZ and 8GB RAM.
    How can i fix this?

Make sure HUD Settings - General Settings - Advanced Settings - click for stat popup is not checked.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)