Bunch of problems with HM on a new computer (W10)

Default Bunch of problems with HM on a new computer (W10)

I have XPS 15 9550 with 1TB SSD and so far I encountered the following problems:
    - Tried backup/restore from old computer -> didn't work, didn't import any hands, settings etc (thought backup would save/restore the databse exactly as it was on the old computer, the file was 1.5GB, barely a 100MB databse was restored)
    - Reinstalled HM2 and had problems with PostreSQL where I uninstalled it but it HM kept telling me PSQL was still installed, finally I followed the guide somewhere on your site how to remove it completely
    - Backup imported HUD
    - Copied the Archive folder from old computer and imported the hands, worked for most but not for MG
    - Microgaming hands weren't imported, only a bunch - the problem is probably the .DAT files. Tried exporting hands from HM, still didn't work (btw. 400hands/sec import - don't know if it's good or not on a toshiba NVMe)
    - The worst problem of all so far: Preloading hands takes forever, it takes longer on the SSD right now than it did on my old small HDD. It's about 1k/sec or something
    - Using 8.4 that came with HM2 installer

Any clues what to improve, update, reinstall, etc? How to export MG hands?

They are no longer writing hands from the point you don't contribute to the pot so we can no longer support these cash game hands - http://www.mpn.poker/blog/closing-a-few-loopholes/

Microgaming has made a decision to not provide cash game customers with all hand histories for games they are seated in. *They also stopped writing anonymous hand history files but we never supported a HUD on those tables. *Even though a Microgaming cash game player has posted blinds for the round, they will now only provide customers with a hand history if the customer directly contributed to a pot. *We are no longer importing Microgaming cash game hand histories because many stats are significantly skewed as a result of the Microgaming decision to not provide hand histories on all cash game hands. *We will continue to support Microgaming tournaments as all players are provided with complete hand histories.

See this forum thread/post for more details about these changes - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ml#post2485729

You need an older version to import the old ones most likely. Please update to this version
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC - NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

You can also try the steps in the following AJA Performance Guide - http://www.notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy%2...ide%20v1.2.pdf

How big is your database and how many hero hands are in the database? If you have a large database you can try to edit the hm2 config file to force HM2 to use more or less RAM and see if it helps. Here is a text document with instructions if you want to try that also - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...kingSetCap.txt

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues you're seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Fix Holdem Manager 2 Lagging (Reports & HUD) - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your new \HM2logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I completely forgot about the MPN change. Trying to import the hands with the old HM now and it worked.

Meanwhile, let me give you a response/update.

I don't use NoteCaddy, it is not creating any notes etc.
    When HM fires up, it takes 100% of CPU when it's preloading the hands, yet still it's painfully slow.

Since last time, suddenly license has disappeared one day and I had to reset it from my account.
    I discovered that there are databases left in AppData even though I previously deleted them from HM database manager. Is that normal? Maybe it implies that Postgre is corrupted/something wrong with it?

Today I opened HM and it showed me no hands are found. I restarted and everything was fine...

The few options you gave are good temporary solutions but deep down something is very wrong. My DB is not enormous, around 1MM hero hands and 3GB database size (what HM tells me). The fact that hands preload SLOWER than on my 2011 laptop is what worries me the most. And then every other time you open HM, something else breaks.

Should I try to install a newer Postgre maybe?

So you were right about MPN, I forgot about recent changes. Import worked on the older version.

So, a couple of things happened since last post.
    Yesterday, the license randomly stopped working. I had to reset it through the website.
    I noticed that the databases which I deleted through HM DB manager were still in AppData folder. Is that normal behavior? Could point to Postgre messing things up?
    Also today, I opened HM and there were completely no hands. I restarted it, and everything was there.

My DB is not huge. It's barely around 3GB and 1MM hero hands.

What worries me the most is the painfully slow hand preloading. It happens upon the first launch and then when you replay hands, it takes a minute or more to load up players' hands even though majority have between 50-500 hands. However, reports loading etc. is very fast. When you first open up HM, it takes up 100% of the CPU. I do not use NoteCaddy and no notes are being created.The suggesting you made were all about going around this problem but it has to be fixed. Something must be causing it to be slower than my 2011 laptop.

I just reopened HM and it wanted me to go through DB wizard launch thing. It seems like it really only works whenever it wants to. Relaunched HM and worked again.

Maybe I should update Postgre to a newer version?
    Last edited by lestro; 05-29-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Small update: I created a new DB and only imported hands from recent 3 months. Everything is very fast. But random disconnects still happen. While importing hands, it gave me an error that Posgre password is incorrect. Restarted HM, no hands. Restarted again, all good.

Please see the FAQ below for a resolution to any PostgreSQL password issues
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL)

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide gives a step by step guide:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
    Regards udbrky (Chris)