HM2, Leak Buster and Note Cady.. MAC version??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry HM2, Leak Buster and Note Cady.. MAC version??

Hello,

For years I've been using HM2 and it's apps. I started out on a Windows PC and since a couple of years I'm using a Macbook. I need to use Parallels though because there's no support for mac users.

However, going through all this to make HM run on my mac slows down my pc drastically and makes it overheat like crazy. I've accepted it as it is for quite some time but when I (and I think all of the mac users) think about it, it is just a crazy conclusion.

I am using HM2 Pro ($100), Note Cady Holdem Premium ($75) and Leak Buster No Limit Pro ($90). This makes up for a total of $265, and the company that offers me these products refuses to give me the proper support I need to have everything running very smooth. The fact that it is all not fully compatible with my mac makes me feel like it's just money wasted, and that's without even thinking about the frustration that is added on top of it while actually playing.

For about three years you've merged with PT, who DOES offer the solution for macbook users and who does have the right programmers to help you out realising a fix for the mac users who've always been loyal to HM.

Now I am asking, is there anything you want and can do for me and my fellow mac users so we can have our poker setups work better? Happy to read a response anytime soon.

Kind Regards,
    Dimitri

There are no plans for a MAC version of HM2 or HM3 at this time. If you want to use HM2 on a MAC you will need to use something like Parallels or BootCamp so you can install Windows for playing poker. If you do not want to use Windows to play poker you could consider trying the MAC version of PT4.

You should use bootcamp, since it will let you run each OS separately, instead of them both sharing resources.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

What's the reason for this? For years MAC users have been complaining about this and you haven't done anything.

Using Parallels or BootCamp is just a workaround in which the user will need to pay even more for using a product that's inferior, and where HM takes an easy way out in which they don't offer any kind of help/service.

You teamed up with PT for about 3 years, but what extra did this bring the HM2 fanboys? Sure I can switch over to PT4, but that will cost me another 100$. Besides the 100$ extra, you guys work together! HM should put in some effort and come with an acceptable alternative to the problem!

The reason you're not using MAC programmers is a money issue, well, like this you're just pushing the money issue over to your loyal customers. Since HM and PT work together, there's definitely something you could do to help out your customers.

How about offering a free license of PT to those who have invested a lot of money in HM but are using a MAC now? The fact that HM and PT work together shouldn't make this too big of an issue.

Glad to hear from you, Kind Regards
    Dimitri

Am I gonna get a response? Seems like you guys at HM just don't take your customers serious anymore after they've purchased their product.

I apologize for the delay. I thought one of the other techs had forwarded this to management but apparently they forgot. I will forward this to see if management can reply in more detail about why we have no plans for a MAC version of our software.

Thanks for your response fozzy. I'm not so much interested though in the why and how of the development of a MAC version of HM.

I'm more interested in if they wanna help me out, and as far as I see now the only way to help me out is to let me make use of your partners software, PT.

Kind Regards

Unfortunately we could only exchange your HM2 license for a PT4 license if the purchase was made in the last 30 days, which is our standard refund policy.

That's just unwillingness then from HM's side. Handing out an extra license doesn't do you any harm, where it would cost me extra money on top of what I've already spent. Besides that it will be money going to the same instance that is 1) totally inflexible in this case, and 2) the same instance as where all the other burned money went.

Every merge comes with his positive and negative things. Your MAC-user fanbase has been waiting for a MAC version of HM for years and since 3 years you have this opportunity to work together on this with your PT guys. For whatever reason you chose not to, but I think if you decide not to help your customers in way A, then you have to help them by way B. Pretty obvious to me that when you work together the simple and free way for out for HM is to just hand out a copy of PT (which in the end is just a license of your own product).

You're mentioning the 30 day refund policy, but I also think this is one of the occasions where your refund policy doesn't have to play any role and you have to look for other ways as a company to help your client. As I said, I'm happy about the product, but it's not compatible with my pc. You made enough money from me so far so I think as a loyal customer I deserve something extra in return for this now.

Thankyou
    Last edited by Dimitri13; 05-02-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Still waiting for a response and fix

Comeon HM support, show me that you take your customers seriously, let me know something