Multiple databases

Default Multiple databases

Hello,

I'm running out of SSD space and after using software to visualize my SSD contents, I've noticed that there are two separate folders "C:\postgreSQL" and "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL". The first one weighs 35.1GB, the second one 20.5GB. According to HEM2's database info my database size is 20GB. I assume I have two versions of postgres installed. 8.4 and 9.2. The 20.5GB has a sub-folder called 9.2. The 35.1GB doesn't have a folder indicating it's version.

I thought I could safely delete the first folder since according to "date modified" almost all files were last modified in 2014~. But, in the "C:\postgreSQL\data\global" folder there are three files "pg_auth", "pg_control", "pg_database" that were last modified 2016/7/22 (Today). Is this database still in use? Can I safely delete this folder?

I've checked "services" and both postgres versions (8.4, 9.2) are currently running simultaneously.

Uninstall the one you are not using. Delete the corresponding folder.

You can right-click the bin\postgres.exe file and find the version # in properties - details.

Use PGAdminIII (in start - programs - postgres) to see what database name corresponds to the folder #. In the upper right side, there's a 6 digit # for each, that is the folder #. Do NOT delete the 1st 3 folders in the Postgres folder that you are keeping. Those are usually the Postgres DB, and you will need to reinstall Postgres.

You can also move the folders to a new drive.

Please see this FAQ to move your database to another drive. Please note this is an advanced article and we do not provide support for this method if you encounter issues but at the request of users we decided to make a FAQ for those who felt confident enough to try this method.

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition
    Regards udbrky (Chris)