HM2 - problem with postgresql

Default HM2 - problem with postgresql

Hi
    suddenly my postgresql service don't want to start. After few attemps I want to just install all from begining. My question is - now I have version 8.4. Which version I can use for new instalation if I don't want to use 8.4?
    Thanks for help
    Slawek

You can use any version except 9.1

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide gives a step by step guide:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Can not Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi

one more question. I remember I made a copy of my base and there was a option in HM2 (I don't remember exacly name - something about setting your system to postgress or postgress to your system). I mark it on and next time I started HM2 my postgress service don't want to start. Maybe it is a reason? How to turn off this option in HM2 if I can't start HM2?
    Thanks for help
    Slawek

Did you follow the steps above? What message do you get?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I did some steps. But somehow I'm sure it's this option - I changed it and my troubles started. Now I'm testing game without HM and soon I'll reinstall all (sometimes my HM2 crashed and maybe start from scrach will help).
    Thanks for help
    Slawek

What option are you referring to? There's no option in HM2 to shut off Postgres. Postgres has to run or HM2 will not.

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database as a precaution in case you cannot reconnect after reinstalling PostgreSQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method: Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup or Restore via PostgreSQL work? (Advanced Method) but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

Once you have backed up your previous database(s) then follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL using the same database.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator and type the following and then press enter:

net user postgres /delete

3) You should get a successfully completed response if done correctly. If you get a permission type error you likely didnt run it as administrator as explained above.

4) Reboot your PC

5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your previous database using these instructions - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL 8.4 while preserving database
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgres84
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

If you're having an issue, then you need to contact us about that issue. You can try a clean re-install after fixing Postgres.

Please try a clean install of HM2. This will preserve your database and backup your HUD and settings.

1) Export any custom HUD configs.
    2) Open the HM2 > HUD Settings > HUD Designer menu > Click 'Reset' > [x] All Configs > OK

Step 1 – Restore Default Settings:
    First try restoring your default settings, often some settings files can become corrupt and cause these issues:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Create a Backup and restore default settings

Step 2 – Uninstall and reinstall HM2 with Revo uninstaller:
    Other times critical system files may not have been installed on previous updates and it can also cause these types of errors or in some cases antiviruses may have removed files that it mistook for unsafe. Doing a revo uninstall also removes old registry file information which might have become corrupt. You can download the free version here: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and there is a useful tutorial how to use it here:
    How To Use Revo Uninstaller To Completely Uninstall Programs

Uninstall Holdem Manager 2 via Revo unistaller and then reinstall this version:
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

Please add this file to your firewall and antivirus exceptions and run it as Administrator.

Step 3 – Follow the steps in this FAQ:
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Set Correct Permissions on files and folders HM2 use

Step 4: If the default settings work, please use the FAQ in step 1 to restore your settings and test them. If the problems then return you will need to reset your settings to default again and use those going forward.

If you continue to have problems with the default settings, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your \HM2Logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi

all ok - I reinstalled all and all works like before (it means HM2 sometimes crash when I open browser - it happend with Firefix and Opera - I tested it on this 2 browsers). I have copy of my dbase (all my problems started when I did backup). During backup in a HM2 in Database Manager / Maintenance there is a option PostgreSQL tuning - after pressing this my Postgres service don't start any more.

Now is ok but will be better if my HM2 will work with browser.

Have a nice day
    Slawek

Did you follow step 3?

Please send the log files if it happens again.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)