Moving database parent folder does not seem to work

Default Moving database parent folder does not seem to work

Hi,

I'm trying to move my database parent folder back from a personalized location "D:\Documents\Poker\..." to the original location (%appdata%\HoldemManager\Database).

I copied the hole database folder to the original location using the xcopy command from the "move database to different partition" tutorial and then changed the path via pgAdmin. I renamed the database folder in the D:, rebooted and then started HM2. Somehow it looks like that change via pgAdmin is not recognized. A new empty Database folder is created in D:\Documents\Poker\. How would it know that location, I just changed it in the database itself, right? I guess that newly created Database folder in the wrong location should mean that the "correct" database folder in %appdata% is not being used.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Should I just create a new database and import/recover from my last backup?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Make sure that you are following the steps exactly.

Please see this FAQ to move your database to another drive. Please note this is an advanced article and we do not provide support for this method if you encounter issues but at the request of users we decided to make a FAQ for those who felt confident enough to try this method.

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition

Make sure nothing is blocking the path. Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Set Correct Permissions on files and folders HM2 use

You can backup and restore or create a new database and import the archive.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data:

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager?

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)