Holdem Manager and HUD freezing

Default Holdem Manager and HUD freezing

Hey,

I've been having this problem with Holdem Manager, after 15-20min it freezes/not responding status. I deleted old DB, created a soft new one thinking it could solve problem but nop.
    Thought it could be related to HUD/popup but it freezes even if I just start the software and keep it open for some minutes. I always need to force shutdown software.
    I also reinstalled everything... meh

I don't have any problem with my computer or with any other software I run.

Any idea of what it could be or how to solve it?

Thanks

This happens when you're not playing too?

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC - NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

You can also try the steps in the following AJA Performance Guide - http://www.notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy%2...ide%20v1.2.pdf

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues you're seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Fix Holdem Manager 2 Lagging (Reports & HUD) - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your new \HM2logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

It seems my reply wasnt posted or something. Anyway with this steps it seems to have solved the problem for now. Thanks!

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

Would you be able to elaborate a little more as to what steps you found the most helpful?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by EMHEM View Post
    It seems my reply wasnt posted or something. Anyway with this steps it seems to have solved the problem for now. Thanks!
    Which steps?

Please see post 2.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)