Excessive Memory use

Default Excessive Memory use

HM2. I think I screwed it up. To make a long story short I zip filed all the HH's from 3 or 4 old Hard drives Id had in the past years. I loaded them on my present computer then unzipped them to the hand history files... Big mistake apparently. Probably 750K to 1 M hands total.

The HH's seem to load ok, slowed my computer down to useless so I just let it sit several hours and when I came back they seemed to have all finished loading.

The problem now is when I turn on HM2 everything fires up, the only thing I notice is Notecaddy says it is populating the database. I turn off the auto import and Hud and within 2- 4 minutes HM is using every bit of memory my computer has, everything locks up and i have to restart my computer with the power switch. I have run the resource manager while doing this and you can see HM memory use going up like 30K a second until all the memory is being used. Im totally guessing that NoteCaddy has something to do with it since turning off Importing and HUD have no effect.
    I have no idea where to go from here....

Quote Originally Posted by AllynLong View Post
    HM2. I think I screwed it up. To make a long story short I zip filed all the HH's from 3 or 4 old Hard drives Id had in the past years. I loaded them on my present computer then unzipped them to the hand history files... Big mistake apparently. Probably 750K to 1 M hands total.
    Please explain what you did more clearly. Did you unzip them to a random folder on your computer and then use the Hand Importing > Manual Hand Import > Import Folder(s) to get them in your database? Or something else?

The HH's seem to load ok, slowed my computer down to useless so I just let it sit several hours and when I came back they seemed to have all finished loading.

The problem now is when I turn on HM2 everything fires up, the only thing I notice is Notecaddy says it is populating the database. I turn off the auto import and Hud and within 2- 4 minutes HM is using every bit of memory my computer has, everything locks up and i have to restart my computer with the power switch. I have run the resource manager while doing this and you can see HM memory use going up like 30K a second until all the memory is being used. Im totally guessing that NoteCaddy has something to do with it since turning off Importing and HUD have no effect.
    I have no idea where to go from here....
    If you imported a large number of hands you need to let notecaddy create all it's notes if you use NC. I see you don't have a NC Premium license on your account so you could now, or could have before you imported the hands, just disable NC:

Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing.

Please zip and email the requested files via the 'Contact Support' link here and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.

I took the HH's from the individual sites HH's folders zipped them then opened them to the sites HH's folders on my present computer. So like i simply added all the histories that were in the old ACR HH folders to the present ACR HH folder.

I disabled the NC as you said and that did have an effect but not sure it solved it. Right now Ive had HM open about 10 mins. NC, Importing and HUD are all shut off. But you can tell its still doing something as my memory use is fluctuating between 400K and over 1.3K. Once it goes over about 500K i get a "not responding" on HM then as it drops back down below 500k usage it starts responding again. Possibly this is NC still processing notes on all those hands?? Im going to try and leave it running awhile and see if it will normalize eventually ....but as I type this the memory usage just took off again, its over 3.8 millionK and climbing rapidily.... Sounds like my hard drive is about to come flying out the side of my computer.

You shouldn't put a large amount of hands in the auto import folders. They need to be manually imported.

Close HM2. Move those files from the site folders to c:\hm2archive.

Then manually import them.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)