Output question

Thread: Output question

Default Output question

I play sng's, I filtered for a spot where the blind level is x, there are x number of players and I have x number of BB's.
    I know in the report I'm only seeing the hands that fit within these filters.
    When I look at the tournament summary however, i see my finish distribution in all of the tournaments where a hand that fits in these filters occurred.
    So far so good.
    Does the ev roi shown here take into account all the hands in each of those tourneys, or just the ones after said situation happened?

It will take into account the filters that you have set.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

The results by finish position shown are clearly for the rest of each of the tournaments where these hands happened including these hands themselves.

Obviously there has been no "result" in any of these sng's by the time the hand situation in question happens, ie I can't have either won the tournament already, or be out already, and have the situation occurr.
    But what I'm asking is, if I won or lost aflip say to get to this point, is that accounted for in the all in ev roi shown here in the tournament summary, or does that ev roi only reflect what happened in this hand and the remained of the tournaments after this hand happened?

Tournament results and values such as EV are not adjusted based on filtered hands, they are totals for the tournaments those hands belong to.

If your filter completely excludes some tournaments, then ROI will be ajdusted to exclude them. I believe this is what udbrky was getting at.

OK great, thanks for the clarification, much appreciated :-)

Yes, it gets complicated if you're looking at partial hands and tournament results/EV. If you want to see this information, you should use the full history for that tournament.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yeah I'm more interested NOT in what happened before this hand, but what happens after.

As you know for sng's ICm has some serious limitations, a major one of which is it does not account for what will happen in future hands, given the significant equity advantages/opportunities which will be available to the big stack and how hand cuffed the middle stack is.
    I am looking at hands on the bubble to see if over my sample there is a significant difference between what ICM says my stack is worth in this situation, and what the actual outcome of the tournament in question says my stack was worth.
    The only reason I asked about ev is it isn't easy to get a good sample size, and so having the ev (ie taking the "all in run out luck" out of the equation) would somewhat improve the accuracy of my data.
    I was hoping the ev displayed would be the ev for only:
    1. the tournaments where one of the filtered situations occurred
    and,
    2. only hands including and after the filtered situation, but NOT before.

So as an example, if i won a flip earlier in the tourney, in order to double up and make it to the bubble, would that be reflected in the tournament summary ev if I filtered for bubble hands, specific stack sizes etc?

I have escalated your issue to our 2nd level support techs and they will respond to your email as soon as possible.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)