Secondary Logon Service error. Article did not help

Default Secondary Logon Service error. Article did not help

Hi
    Sorry if this thread is incorect for whatever reason but I'm just exhausted after two all days fight with HM2 instalation.
    I moved on ssd and tried to instal on this disc HM2. The first problem was that after instalation when I tried to open HM2 it says that "the aplication stops working, close program" Then I removed HM2 AND postgres and tried to install again. And now I have this problem when trying to install "Sorry could not start the Secondary Logon Service. Pleae start this service manually and run this installer again"
    Of course I set Secondary Logon as 'running' and set it to start automatic. Still not working.
    I used this article hoping finally this will help Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Secondary Logon Service Error but still nothing

If that matters when opening instalation windows says that postgres will be using stronger password due to the password complexity requirements. I tried to disseble this but I faild. But I dont even know if this has anything to do with the main problem.

I will be very thankfull for help

Quote Originally Posted by Macias View Post
    Hi
    Sorry if this thread is incorect for whatever reason but I'm just exhausted after two all days fight with HM2 instalation.
    I moved on ssd and tried to instal on this disc HM2....
    Did you replace your C drive with a SSD or add it as an additional drive/partition?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to install PostgreSQL. In some versions it is not started automatically and it will just give an error when trying to connect to PostgreSQL. You need to verify it is turned on via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties and choose startup type: automatic so it will be started automatically next time your PC reboots.

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    - After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator.
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall)
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

For the password issue you mention:

PT4's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
    HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

You might also want to try svcPASS83 for a password if none of the above works.

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
    2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
    3. Move the file back to the data folder
    4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager (HM1) Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL)