Syncing question

Question Syncing question

Hello!

I have a simple question: if I delete the database from my computer and I hit the Sync button what will happen? The online database will also be deleted? The contents of the online database will be downloaded into my computer and the deleted database will be restored? A third answer?

Thanks

Deleting your local database via the Database Manager does not affect your HM Sync database on our servers. It would download the information from our servers to your new/local/empty database.

Note: There are a variety of known issues with the HM Sync Beta feature where the results are not syncing properly for some customers. We are planning to completely re-work the HM Sync feature using code from our new HM Cloud application but I don't have an ETA for when this will be implemented. In the meantime while we wait for the new sync system you will need to manually sync your hands on both PCs. Here is a FAQ explaining how to best keep your original hands on both computers so you can easily sync the hands manually - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Using+Dropbox

Thank you for your answer

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

hello! i have a question, is the option syncing tags and notes at same time than the hands?
    is it possible to transfer tags and notes on the other computer that we're sharing the database with?

You would need to use the backup and restore.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data:

Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager?

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)