I think my database may be corrupt?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I think my database may be corrupt?

I have a few problems with holdem manager2 that have only recently started happening.

Ive tried looking around the forums and tried fixing it myself, but haven't been able to.

I have windows 7 64 bit, HEM 2.0.0.8333

I had a message come up on the bottom right corner of my PC saying something like i may have a corrupt database.

When i open HEM2, it doesn't show me as the hero, i have no hands on myself, it shows someone else as the hero-the person i have the most hands on. So i have no hands on myself, i cant see my name in the list of players at all, until i play a hand, in which case i can now search for myself. It will show however many hands ive played in that time, be it 4, 5, or 6+ etc hands, it tracks them, but all my other hands are gone. I can search for myself then, and bring up my playing history of 4ooK hands ive played in the session view or graph view etc. It doesn't show all hands on all people either. Id say theres a few hands missing that arnet there.

Another problem i have is that when i go to open the replayer it doesent show the stats on all the players involved in the hand... the hud comes up but with no stats on anyone except me.

Regards, Shans

These steps should fix any issues with the database.

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...29#maintenance

If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

thank you for your quick reply. i created a new database, and imported all my hands again. the problem is now, all my hands are in my new database, but NONE are showing up in my HUD?

thank you for your time.

Shans

Quote Originally Posted by shans View Post
    thank you for your quick reply. i created a new database, and imported all my hands again. the problem is now, all my hands are in my new database, but NONE are showing up in my HUD?

thank you for your time.

Shans
    Are you referring to your hands in your HUD or villain's hands in their HUDs?

HM is designed to only show your session stats at that table as we felt it was a lot more useful for a couple of reasons:
    1) A lot of people will have a huge amount of stats on themselves so it avoids performance issues having to crunch numbers to show these for yourself
    2) A lot of regulars are very aware of their own stats and when you have a lot of stats accumulated it would take a huge swing to for the stat values to change with bigger samples
    3) Its much more beneficial to see your session stats to get an idea of how aggressive or passive people will see you since you sat at that table. (again even if its against a reg you'll know yourself your overall image or at least you should)
    4) You can easily check your overall stats in the reports section to remind yourself of any stats but again most people know their stats pretty well.

Make sure the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > [ ] 'Use session stats' is disabled.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > Min hands: is set to '0'.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > Stat Appearance > Min samples: is set to '0' for each and every stat in your HUD if your issue is missing stats.

Make sure that your HUD Settings > HUD Filters are all set to '2 to 10' and that both check box options under Filter by limits are checked [x].

Make sure the HUD Settings > Tournament Filters are all set to '1 to 81+'. Changing these filters to anything other than their default settings will make the HUD Stats change drastically based on the number of players at the table and/or their stack sizes in tournaments.

If that doesn't fix the issues, please reproduce the problem and attach a screen shot - How to Take a Screen Shot in Windows - showing the HUD, the Report for one of the selected players with the problems, and pictures of the HUD Filters and Tournament Filters and attach a log file as explained in this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Hi fozzy71

Im referring to the hands i have on every villain in my database, in my hud that i have on them, it doesn't show those hands. So i can have 5K hands on a villain, i can search for that in my database but it wont display it in my hud stats, its comes up as 1, and then 2, etc, (after i play the second hand) like my hud doesn't recognize hands i have on them from any previous sessions. does this make sense?

I feel like after creating a new database and moving all my hands to the new database something else is missing to get my hud to "recognize" these hands, now that its a new database? All the things you mentioned in the previous post were all ready done.

heres a screenshot i uploaded of the problem

Imgur

Regards,

Shans

This problem is caused in non-English systems by the replayer speed being set to a value with decimals in the config files. Try opening the replayer and move the replayer speed slider all the way to the right to 5x and then back to the left to 1x. Then close the replayer and restart HM2.

If you continue to have problems after that, try the following -

Please close HM2 and delete the holdemmanager.config and HoldemManager.config.bak files.

Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Tech :: Scott Granneman

Windows 7 path:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Windows XP path:
    C:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\

If you cannot see the app data folders the information below explains how to show hidden files and folders:
    Showing hidden files: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows%3F+

Please also follow Fozzy's post.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi udbrky

After deleting both holdemmanager.config and HoldemManager.config.bak files, the problem seems to be fixed on normal tables, (hud working and showing stats) but on zoom tables, there is no hud at all.

Regards,

Shans

Quote Originally Posted by shans View Post
    Hi udbrky

After deleting both holdemmanager.config and HoldemManager.config.bak files, the problem seems to be fixed on normal tables, (hud working and showing stats) but on zoom tables, there is no hud at all.

Regards,

Shans
    Which ps.xx skin and which stakes?

Make sure you always start HM2 first before you open the PokerStars Client. If you closed PokerStars for any reason and did not close HM2 please close them both and start HM2 before you stars PokerStars again.

Please check all of the steps on this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rs+Zoom+Tables

If you continue to have problems please send the requested files/screenshots as instructed at the end of the FAQ in the link above.

Now i have a HUD at NL25 tables but not at NL10 tables... and at NL25 tables the HUH names dont match the players?

Regards,

Shans

We need to see the requested logs/files to know what might be causing the problem.

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' and 'FastPoker' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps. You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Use the tool in the following link to send a HUD Report - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Reporting+Tool
    - Attach a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the screen shot
    - Save a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue
    - Close HM2 and attach your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue, if all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.