literate-perfunctory
Poker Software
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

You need to upgrade Postgres. You can use any version on www.postgresql.org

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database as a precaution in case you cannot reconnect after reinstalling PostgreSQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method: Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup or Restore via PostgreSQL work? (Advanced Method) but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

Once you have backed up your previous database(s) then follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL using the same database.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator and type the following and then press enter:

net user postgres /delete

3) You should get a successfully completed response if done correctly. If you get a permission type error you likely didnt run it as administrator as explained above.

4) Reboot your PC

5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL (HM2 ships with 8.4) - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products...wnload#windows - as your previous database using these instructions - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL 8.4 while preserving database
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgres84
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks for the response, I followed all the steps you recommended. Now I can not open HM2. This screen appears:

erroHM.JPG

And when I try to go to pgadmin3 and put my password to access sv it appears this message:

pgadm.JPG

What happened? I did something wrong?

Did you uninstall the old and delete the user/files?

Try changing it to port 5433.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yes, I went in the cmd and put the command. I tried to change the door to 5433 did not continue giving the same thing. When I uninstalled created a folder exactly the size of my database, 22gb, there is no way to pass this to the other pc and get to read on that pc again that I am?

delete which folder?

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database as a precaution in case you cannot reconnect after reinstalling PostgreSQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method: Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup or Restore via PostgreSQL work? (Advanced Method) but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\X.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete

After you click 'Enter' for the code above also do that same for this code:

sc delete postgresql-8.4

and click 'Enter' again.

5) Restart your PC

6) Install PostgreSQL 9.3 from http://www.enterprisedb.com/products...wnload#windows

7) Once installed you should disable the postgresql logging as instructed here - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Large Log Files

If there is still an issue, we need to know the error - it is in the temp folder - bitrockinstaller.txt file. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. FAQ - Hold'em Manager (HM1) Poker Tracking Software :: How to See Hidden Files in Windows
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

It worked, I was able to open the HM2. Now I'm just having trouble recovering the database. I backed up by postgre, and in the tutorial it tells me to move the new database to the directory. But where is this database? I entered the HM2 without moving, and the database appears there, I choose it but it does not appear any hand.

Did you restore it using Postgres?

You can always import hands from c:\hm2archive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yes. But I do not know which folder to move it to at the end of the tutorial, and I do not know where it is. Already tried to take the hands of HM2archive but not even close to my original database.

If you backed it up using Postgres instead of HM2, then you have to restore it via postgres.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...e-command-line

If you did it in HM2, then do it in the Database Restore function.

I don't know what you mean about where to move it. You put files like this on a backup drive to use if you need it again.

Make sure you backup your hand history files regularly. You should always have a complete archive.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager?

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast