Incredible laggs for Popups in Tourney Poker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Incredible laggs for Popups in Tourney Poker

Hello Holdem Manager Community,

if I need to click for a popup in my tournament session, my popups nees an incredible long time to popup, just about 30 seconds and my holdem manager and my computer seems to collapse at this time. This happens only during I play tournaments. If I play cash game, everything is fine.

Anybody has a solution?

Thanks!

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions.
    If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues you're seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29 - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rts+%26+HUD%29 - General tips and solutions for performance issues

If none of that helps:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps. You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Use the tool in the following link to send a HUD Report - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Reporting+Tool
    - Attach a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the screen shot
    - Save a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue
    - Close HM2 and zip/attach your \HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue, if all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.

My PC is a
    Lenovo Win 7

Intel Core i5-2450M CPU 2.5GHz
    8.00GB RAM
    64Bit

Im running Notecaddy with about 400 active self written notes. My database has about 1,2 million hands.

After reading the General hand strenght part, I guess this might be my problem.

Your hard drive is listed in the device manager (control panel - system).

Does it happen with the default notes?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

dont know if it happens with the default notes.
    The weird thing is, everything is fine playing cash game 6max.

Are you using the same notes for cash and tourney?

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I`m using much more notes just for Cash Game, some of them are for tourney and cash and some are just for tourney.
    Thats the weird thing... Using more notes for Cash and less for tourney, but having problems in tourneys.

Whats your Email Chris, I will send you the log file directly!

We do not use direct emails for support. The person on staff at the time reply to the oldest email so please send it to the general hm2support@holdemmanager.com address as instructed with a link to this thread. Chris and I answer the bulk of those emails.

It seems, that my problems increase with a growing number of tables.