Some filtering trouble

Default Some filtering trouble

I'm terribly sorry but I havn't been able to figure this out.

How do I filter out 3 bet here?

The scenario I'm trying to model is

CO Opens
    BU (Hero) Calls
    Blinds Fold

The filters I have are:

3Bet No
    Called 3Bet No

Hero's Position BU
    Preflop Action Facing Hero 1 Raiser
    Raiser's position CO

Hand included that I don't want to include:

CO Opens
    BU Calls
    SB Raises
    CO Calls
    BU Calls

I reason why the '3Bet No' filter isn't working is because Hero is limping a 3B.

Is this the reason and how do I filter that out?

Thank you

In Advanced Action filters, use Call.

This will show hands where you called the PFR, but there were no squeezes after.

Call Any will show all hands, including where there were further raises.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    In Advanced Action filters, use Call.

This will show hands where you called the PFR, but there were no squeezes after.

Call Any will show all hands, including where there were further raises.
    Thank you that worked well. Much appreciated udbrky.

You are very welcome. Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

Hello again, I do not like asking many questions because I know you are all very busy.

Unfortunately I have hit a wall with these filters that I havn't been able to figure out, so I thought maybe after a week it wouldn't be too bad to ask you nice folks another question.

I think if I had the answer to the scenario I am about to give you I could apply it to the rest of my work.

(Sorry, some background!) I decided to do an empirical analysis, so I modeled the game into a series of actions (a tree diagram) I found that if I limited my own actions (such as bet or folding some spots) and assuming a reasonable bet size that I was in fact able to model much of the game.

However, this means I need to figure out the relative ranges of myself and opponents at each decision point. This is where I need your software. (Deuces Cracked introduced me to this idea of using your filters to work out ranges away from the table, I hope this is a fair use of your program).

The problem is the raising war can reach 4 bets post flop and I'm not sure how I can filter for the most relevant stat that best represents the continuation range.

Here's a scenario (I left only the bets to keep it simple)

Preflop
    CO Opens
    BU calls

Flop
    CO Checks
    BU Checks

Turn
    CO Bets(1)
    BU Raises(2)
    CO Re-Raises(3)
    BU Re-Re-Raises(4)
    CO Calls(5)

My Filters are
    Hero's Position - BU
    Villain's Position - CO
    Preflop Action Facing Hero - 1 Raiser
    Relative Position IP
    3-Bet - No
    Called 3-Bet - No

Advanced Action Filters
    Preflop Actions Call
    Flop Actions Check

Advanced Filters
    Flop Unopened

My question is what stats or combination of filters and stats can give me the continue range for points 1-5?
    1 Delayed Turn CB IP
    2 River IP vs Bet Raise% *
    3 River vs Raise Raise% *
    4 I get lost... I can't find Bet vs Reraise
    5 I don't know guys.

* These might not be right either, could 2 also include 4 making it inaccurate for that point?
    * Could 3 also be inaccurate if it includes decisions at 5 when the money isn't all in?

As you can see I am confused.

Can you show me how to work out the continue ranges in the raising war? I'm sure I can then apply it in other parts of the game and any future analysis.

I am aware the sample size can get small though which is always a problem.

Thank you. I do hope I am not asking too much, I just wish I had a better head for this.

HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Hello,

Your stat for (1) is correct, but for 2 and 3 you should be looking at TURN stats, not river ones. I assume that was just a typo.

To filter out turn action after a reraise, I suggest you use Advanced Action Filters>Turn, and then look at Raise Raise (for BTN player) or Bet Raise and Bet Raise Call for CO player.

Hope this answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    Hello,

Your stat for (1) is correct, but for 2 and 3 you should be looking at TURN stats, not river ones. I assume that was just a typo.

To filter out turn action after a reraise, I suggest you use Advanced Action Filters>Turn, and then look at Raise Raise (for BTN player) or Bet Raise and Bet Raise Call for CO player.

Hope this answers your question.
    Thanks for your reply I appreciate you're trying to help me, I really do.

Unless I have misunderstood, I'm not sure that answers my question. I apologize that I didn't express myself clearly and also for the typos you pointed out in my example.

The problem is I'm trying to find the percentage here not the actual hands, and unless I'm mistaken the advanced filters will not give me the percentage (i.e he raises here x% to get to that spot) Only the hands when he did it.

I did play around with the advanced filters but was unable to find the relevant stat.

For example, in the situation

River

CO Bets
    BU raises
    CO reraises
    BU rereraises (*)
    CO calls

For the button rereraises (*) I tried setting the advanced filters to 'River - Raise' for BU, then the 'River IP vs Bet Raise%' might show his rereraise (*) because I filtered out his first bet.

In overwords

CO Bets - Filtered out
    BU raises - Filtered out
    CO reraises - Is now CO Bets
    BU rereraises (*) Is now BU 'River IP vs Bet Raise%'
    CO calls

Unfortunately I must of misunderstood the program here because 'River IP vs Bet Raise%' showed 100% (the stat must refer to the same spot regardless of the advanced filters)

* 'River vs Raise Raise%' was n/a again confirming I can't push the stats back this way.

And that means the advanced filters won't help me find the continuation% of the raising war. In addition the stats don't go far enough, I can't see a River IP vs ReRaise Raise%

So is there anyway to work out the continuation(%) of the actions listed above?

Again I do apologize if I'm not seeing something obvious. I do carefully read your replies but sometimes my mind takes me somewhere else when it comes to numbers.

Thanks