Vs. Player group?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vs. Player group?

Hello

Can you get your results vs a group of players? I cant seem to get hold of it.

/D

This is not currently possible. This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-7584: Add ability to filter vs alias in the vs player filter

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you if/when we have added it.

The only possible workaround would be to create an alias of the players and select them as the active player/hero in the Reports then use the More Filters > Basic Filters > Vs Player > [x] Use Vs Player and pick your screen name. If you want to create an alias with a lot of villains you can do it via PGAdmin or RangeMeister as explained here - Script to analyze population tendency on HEM - Heads Up SNG and Spin and Gos -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums - but please be aware that it can be very resource intensive to link all villains to an alias so you should have a powerful computer with lots of ram if attempting this.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    This is not currently possible. This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-7584: Add ability to filter vs alias in the vs player filter

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you if/when we have added it.

The only possible workaround would be to create an alias of the players and select them as the active player/hero in the Reports then use the More Filters > Basic Filters > Vs Player > [x] Use Vs Player and pick your screen name. If you want to create an alias with a lot of villains you can do it via PGAdmin or RangeMeister as explained here - Script to analyze population tendency on HEM - Heads Up SNG and Spin and Gos -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums - but please be aware that it can be very resource intensive to link all villains to an alias so you should have a powerful computer with lots of ram if attempting this.
    Hi fozzy,

I was just wondering if there has been a work around for this yet? I want to analyze how I play against a group of players (of my choosing).

Is the code on the 2+2 thread the only way to acheive this still?

Thanks
    SS

It is not available. A very large alias causes issues. Try creating an alias of just a few opponents who give you trouble.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks udbrky

I was wondering, could I do this by, first finding the player_id's of the desired players, and then optimizing the database to set them all as the hero in the database e.g.

update players set optimizationstatus = 1 where player_id = {player_id of player1}
    update players set optimizationstatus = 1 where player_id = {player_id of player2}
    update players set optimizationstatus = 1 where player_id = {player_id of player3}
    update players set optimizationstatus = 1 where player_id = {player_id of player4}
    etc.?

I was trying to make the vsHero stats, in the Reports Tab, represent the results of how I play vs the selected players combined.

Would the above query be correct to acheive this?

It is not going to work to run that. It will cause issues in the database.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sepiol View Post
    Hi fozzy,

I was just wondering if there has been a work around for this yet? I want to analyze how I play against a group of players (of my choosing).

Is the code on the 2+2 thread the only way to acheive this still?

Thanks
    SS
    If you have a NC license you can also do via the new NoteCaddy Premium Aliases feature that creates an alias based on a color definition. An alias like this can also cause erroneous results if some of the villain's you aliased together have played hands against each other. An alias is designed to join 2 or more hero screen names that would not have played against each other so while this is possible to do it is not something we officially support or recommend.

If you are using NC you can do the aggregate percentages much more quickly than by making an alias.

Thanks fozzy and Chris. I'm not using NC but it's all good.

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the Automatic Hero detection/optimization (by way of having hole cards exposed)? This is the only thing really skewing my vs Hero Stats as upon refreshing it keeps adding me to the optimized list.

What exactly are you trying to do that is not working?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do that is not working?
    I am updating players in my database to be optimized using:
    UPDATE players SET optimizationstatus = 1 WHERE player_id = 12345 (e.g)

and removing myself from being optimized:
    UPDATE players SET optimizationstatus = 0 WHERE player_id = 6789 (e.g.)

The result of this is that, in my 'Overall' tab, all the 'vs Hero' and 'from Hero' stats are the results of how I play against the optimized players in the database which is what I wanted. The trouble is that, when HEM refreshes it auto detects me as an optimized player as my hole cards are showing. Since this feature of HEM automatically adds me to the optimized list, the 'vsHero' stats are now including me and this is not what I am after. I want to remain unoptimized (or turn off the automatic optimization by exposed hole card feature, if possible).

Is it possible to turn this auto feature off or do I have to play around with aliases as discused in the referenced 2+2 thread?