Issue when importing HUD

Default Issue when importing HUD

Hello, I was trying to create a HUD configuration similar to an already existing one. I exported the existing one into an .xml file, and then imported it. During the import process, I received dozens of messages to the effect of " There already is a file named Default_Popup.pop, do you want to overwrite it?" (the name of the file would change from message to message but sometimes would stay the same). I clicked "no" on all of these messages. The huge number of these messages made me think that I did something wrong, could you let me know what I should have done differently?

Quote Originally Posted by ole_lukoe View Post
    ...trying to create a HUD configuration similar to an already existing one...
    Yes it's easier than that, but unfortunately the interface doesn't make it obvious

Launch HM2 > click "HUD Settings" > click "HUD Designer" in left sidebar > select the HUD you want to clone from the dropdown > click "New" & a dialog box pops up > Give your clone HUD a unique name** > click "OK"

You now have a cloned HUD that you can edit as you like

** I make the name as short as possible e.g 6MC [for 6Max Cash]
    This saves valuable space in the table HUD which grows in size sideways to accomodate the HUD name

thx loki

Thank you, I did it the way you suggested and it worked. But, for future reference, if I need to import a configuration, what do I need to do to avoid these dozens of messages?

Quote Originally Posted by ole_lukoe View Post
    ...if I need to import a configuration, what do I need to do to avoid these dozens of messages?
    Don't try to avoid them - it doesn't happen often that you need to import a HUD & the messages are not trivial - you should read each one. You will get approx one message dialog per stat with an associated HUD popup - it will not take more than a minute to click through all the messages for a HUD with a lot of stats.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE I'VE JUST TRIED:
    Did you know that you have access to 60 free user made HUDs in the HUD repository?
    I choose a HUD to download to my PC
    I click "download" on leakbusterhitman6max.xml by fozzy71 located here:
    https://www.holdemmanager.com/hud_re...ils.php?id=322
    [I may be asked to log into my account, but the HUDs are free]

Now I want to import it into HM2
    First of all I check the file name "leakbusterhitman6max" DOESN'T already exist as a HUD in the dropdown in my HM2. If it does exist I rename the file before importing.

Now when I import it into HM2 I will get a series of dialog boxes popping up with messages like this:
    "Name clash There is already a file Default_PFR.pop Do you want to overwrite it?"
    Just keep clicking the "No" button each time
    For the Fozzy71 HUD above there are 11 stats
    Each of the 11 stats has a HUD popup association applied in the xml & I will get 11 dialogs because the popups used are existing names of popups on my system

Total time to import while clicking dialogs was < 10 seconds