I'm new and overwhelmed - looking for plug'n play option
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm new and overwhelmed - looking for plug'n play option

Hi guys,

I'm new here and not very bright, as of yesterday. I spent a great deal of time reading the forum here and watching the videos inside the HM2 console.

What I'm really looking for, is a already made HUD interface; like those submitted by other users on the "Download Hud" link.

I imported one of them, and I was asked to overwrite the previous default settings, which I did. However, when playing on the tables, the HUD looked nothing like the one shown on the download page.

I wasn't even able to view my cards either, so I had to sit in another seat just so I could see my stats.

So really, is there a HUD stats view I can use that works that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Loz :::
    Last edited by Loz702; 03-25-2015 at 11:21 PM.

What site are you playing & from where? [I know a loz in LV, Nevada]
    Then I'll post setup instructions

Hey Loki...

FullTilt... I was living in las vegas for 6 years ... back in the UK for a bit before heading off again.
    My local was at the Aria, playing 2-5 mostly, and 5-10 NL from time to time.

Cheers

It sounds like FTP is not set up correctly. http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ull+Tilt+Setup

Please follow the instructions in the following FAQ and reply back with the answers to the 12 questions in that FAQ. Those answers should help us quickly identify your issue, skipping questions will just mean we have to ask again in the next email and will delay the resolution of the issue - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...es+not+work%3F

Alternatively you can use our Priority Support Tool which often resolves the issue and it will ask you relevant questions and at the end it will forward us the answers if you couldn't resolve it - Login to Holdem Manager - look for the 'HUD is not working' topic. Requests via the priority support tool receive higher priority than normal emails.

Please email to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi Chris,

I'm a little confused why I need to answer 12 questions?

But there they are...

What version of Holdem Manager 2 are you using? (Please give the specific version number, i.e 2.0.0.6438)
    latest version, 8280

What poker sites are you playing on. Does the problem occur on more than one site?
    Fulltilt, not sure - only used this on FTP

Which type of game(s) are you playing? (NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT)
    Mixture: MTT's NL, FL, SnGs

Have you clicked on the Start Import button on the ribbon menu?
    What start button? the start hud button? thats already pressed in by default I think.

Often, it is one setting or option that is not correct in your poker client. Please see our Detailed FAQ's on configuring Holdem Manager to work with poker sites to make sure your poker site is saving Hand History files.
    Not sure where the question is here, but my hand history is already by default from FTP is being saved. I'm not having any problems with hand history in HM2.

Verify the hand histories are showing up in the folder that you configured in Holdem Manager to auto import from. Also make sure that these hand histories are the hands you just played.
    I'm not importing hands manually. My opening post was about using someone else's HUD config from the download link in members area.

Please check your Sessions. Do the times listed for the hands match the time that your computer shows when you are playing? If not, Open Hand Importing, click Site Time Adjustment and enter the number by which they are off in the corresponding site box.
    Yes they do

If you think the hands are importing then please go to the Reports section. Select your username and run a report with all filters off to confirm they have imported correctly.
    I have no clue how to do that.Again, how does this apply to my question, still confused here.

If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they are not importing into the database. Please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if the hands import into the new database.
    Again, how does this apply to my question, I never said history of the hands were a problem.

Have you tried to attach the HUD using the Table Finder and did it work?
    Yes, works better now than it did yesterday after watching Ben Hayles youtube videos. Now the HUD automatically gets added to the tables without using the target icon thingy to drag an drop.. tables are being found/detected just fine and much faster than before.

If you open the hand history files, are they written in English?
    Not sure where to even do that, but the HM2 is all in English, not that it make a difference, i'm crap at spelling any way - thank god for spell checker..haha

Cheers, hope that helps, for what its worth, even if its all about the wrong question at hand. I was asking about why the HUD submitted by others isn't working. Or showing up in the selections, or maybe I'm missing it and its located somewhere else perhaps?

Loz

Just an FYI... I've set all the files needed to have admin privileges..
    But now I'm having probs with the time zones now.

FTP = set to UTC
    HM2 = set to offset 5
    no luck

FTP = set to UTC
    HM2 = set to offset 0
    no luck

FTP = set to ET
    HM2 = set to offset -5
    no luck

FTP = set to ET
    HM2 = set to offset 5
    no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Loz702 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new here, as of yesterday. I spent a great deal of time reading the forum here and
    watching the videos inside the HM2 console.

What I'm really looking for, is a already made HUD interface; like those submitted by other users on the "Download Hud" link.

I imported one of them, and I was asked to overwrite the previous default settings, which I did. However, when playing on the tables, the HUD looked nothing like the one shown on the download page.

I wasn't even able to view my cards either, so I had to sit in another seat just so I could see my stats.

So really, is there a HUD stats view I can use that works that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Loz
    This is usually because the HUD Settings > Site Options tab is improperly configured for one or more of your HUD layouts and/or you are not selecting the proper HUD from the Choose Configuration: drop-down menu. The Default HUD should be set to a site you never play, and make sure none of the other layouts have conflicting rules. Any time HM isn't sure which HUD to use, it will revert to the Default HUD (even if it is set to a site you never play). The easiest way to get it setup is to delete all the current settings in the Site Options menu then when you join a new cash/tournament table choose the HUD you want to use from the Table HUD Options menu drop-down box and it will ask you if you want to use that HUD Config at all similar tables. Click the Settings menu (gear icon) that appears at the top of the table, choose the preferred HUD from the drop-down menu and then click the Use for all similar tables button. If you can't see the gear icon it can be enabled via the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > [x] Show Table HUD.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...D+Site+Options

Just an FYI... I've set all the files needed to have admin privileges..
    But now I'm having probs with the time zones now.

FTP = set to UTC
    HM2 = set to offset 5
    no luck

FTP = set to UTC
    HM2 = set to offset 0
    no luck

FTP = set to ET
    HM2 = set to offset -5
    no luck

FTP = set to ET
    HM2 = set to offset 5
    no luck
    Make sure that the Site Time Adjustment is properly configured such that the Time Stamp in the Reports for the hand matches your local windows clock time - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ime+Adjustment

* Full Tilt Poker Warning: If you change the settings in the Full Tilt timezones and then use HM2s auto detect it will cause problems. Since FTP has a timezone setting there is no reason to use an offset in HM2. This feature is there from before they introduced the timezone feature to FTP so just set it to 0 in HM2 > Hand Importing > Site Time Adjustments and set your correct timezone in FTP. If you set your Full Tilt Lobby clock to ET and do not live in ET you will need to adjust the HM2 option accordingly.

Thanks for the reply and help.

Time zones seem to be working now.. Cheers.

however, HM2 doesn't seem to be choosing my HUD preference. Yup, I've set it to FTP, all types of games, NL, etc..
    even deleting all the entries and making sure that only one is noted in the hud config box, still no luck.

I've gone through the FAQ's followed all the instructions but no luck.

Loz

Thanks for the reply and help.

Time zones seem to be working now.. Cheers.

however, HM2 doesn't seem to be choosing my HUD preference. Yup, I've set it to FTP, all types of games, NL, etc..
    even deleting all the entries and making sure that only one is noted in the hud config box, still no luck.

I've gone through the FAQ's followed all the instructions but no luck.

Loz
    1) Export any custom HUD configs.
    2) Open the HM2 > HUD Settings > HUD Designer menu > Click 'Reset' > [x] All Configs > OK
    3) Manually reset your Site Setup > Seating Preferences > for your site/seats and any other HUD Settings you had personalized.

Try to reproduce the problem using the default HUD/settings. If it works properly you can try importing your customized HUD again. If the problem returns after importing the custom HUD then you know that config is corrupted and you will need to delete it and rebuild it from scratch or import an older backup of that HUD config that was created before the corruption.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rashing+Issues

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps. You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Use the tool in the following link to send a HUD Report - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Reporting+Tool
    - Attach a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the screen shot
    - Save a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue
    - Close HM2 and zip/attach your \HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue, if all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.

I thought the total hands of another player was the total hands you have played with the guy... yet i have had a guy to my right calling every bet i make for the past 10 hands yet it still shows it being 3 and he has a negative shown as his total chip count winnings,yet he's made far more than that, in fact in the positive... makes no sense. why is it doing that?

and when tables change, the hud stats are not updating to the correct usernames, still shows the old table, using the harrington advance hud
    Last edited by Loz702; 03-01-2015 at 10:15 AM.