Here is some help who had old computer

Default Here is some help who had old computer

Hi, I have a 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB DDR2, a HDD Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM and a GTX 460 with Windows 7, sometimes Holdem Manager 2 causes black screens on top of poker tables, freezing our actions. I've figgured out that Windows was moving Holdem Manager 2 allocated memory to page file, and leasts about 2 minutes until unfreeze my tables and I could play again, with undesireds folds or wasting time bank. The temporary solution is to kill Holdem Manager 2 process to unfreeze my tables. I was looking for a way to prevent Windows to put Holdem Manager 2 in page file, but this is impossible. So, I decided to partitionate my hard drive as a possible solution.

I know the hard drive disk has the best rotation at end of physical disk.
    So I make a partition at end of disk with 8GB size to allocate an SWAP partition, like Linux uses, to store my pagefile.sys. In this way, the system can read and write data in this partition on his max speed (I named it Swap with driveletter S.
    The next partition is where my system are installed, this is my C: with instalation of Windows 7, it has 100GB of space and is allocated at end of disk, just before the Swap Partition S : .
    The next partition is P:, where I've installed Postgres, Holdem Manager 2, poker clients and saved the hand histories of poker clients and store poker hands from Holdem Manager 2, it has allocated 20GB just before C:.
    The other Partition is D:, where I put all personal data from other things my computer do, it's my "Documents" storage, the downloads, pictures, and other stuffs, has allocated the rest of my disk space.

What you need to do is use a software that manages disk partitions, like EaseUs Partition Master Free Edition, that was I used for do it.

You can find in internet how to move you pagefile.sys to another partition with a simple search.

With this solution, I don't have more black screens and freezes on my tables. Hope I could help

* Actually, I have 250K hands and 6GB of used space in my P: partition

Leonardo Cerbaro.
    Last edited by lcerbaro; 02-20-2015 at 03:13 PM.