HUD size/placement problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation HUD size/placement problem.

Hi,

I'm having a huge problem with my HUD size/placement and I can't seem to fix it. When I try to reposition the HUD (individual player stats), I can move them but it will only go so far. When I try to move the stats, as you can see in the screenshot, there's a black background. I can't go past that area and I can't seem to find a solution. I've tried reseting the HUD completely (positioning also) but nothing helps. I've also re-installed HM2 completely, same result.

HM2 HUD problem.png

Can you please shed some light over here? Thank you.

It's your screen resolution - needs to be 100% or 125%
    100% is best for the HM2 GUI

Close your programs
    Right click your desktop & select "screen resolution"

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    It's your screen resolution - needs to be 100% or 125%
    100% is best for the HM2 GUI

Close your programs
    Right click your desktop & select "screen resolution"
    I'm playing on my Macbook Pro (Windows Virtual Machine) with a 2880 x 1800 resolution. If I put anything else everything is huge and not playable. I'm going to try and connect my Macbook to an external monitor see if that helps.

I have tried everything. Connected to an external monitor, same problem. Changed resolution, tried 4 or 5 including the recommended resolution by Windows, the HUD size/placement changes accordingly. I have also reset the HUD after changing the resolution, no help.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAAdle View Post
    Changed resolution [...] including the recommended resolution by Windows, the HUD size/placement changes accordingly
    I'm confused by what you've written here:- "...HUD size/placement changes accordingly..." That's what you want isn't it? As you decrease the resolution you should find that the HUD display more closely matches the table size.

Can you post more pictures here?

Are you saying that the black background remains restricted to the top left corner of the table at all the resolutions you've tried?
    This happens on the external monitor?
    What make/model/res is that monitor?
    Try also [just for information - I know you don't like the result!] changing the res on your laptop to see if on the laptop you can get HM2 HUD to display correctly

The other thing you might try is to uncheck the font scaling in HM2 HUD settings
    Here are two threads with pictures discussing a similar problem
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...tina-15-a.html
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...n-problem.html

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    As you decrease the resolution you should find that the HUD display more closely matches the table size.
    No, exactly.

Are you saying that the black background remains restricted to the top left corner of the table at all the resolutions you've tried?
    Yes. No matter the size of the table, the black background expands with the table size but only occupies 1/4 of the table.

This happens on the external monitor? What make/model/res is that monitor?
    Yes. Exactly the same. Acer G245HQ 1920*1080 normally when running windows but over 3k*1.8k when connected via Macbook Pro on the virtual machine.

Try also [just for information - I know you don't like the result!] changing the res on your laptop to see if on the laptop you can get HM2 HUD to display correctly
    Tried it, doesn't help.

The other thing you might try is to uncheck the font scaling in HM2 HUD settings
    Nope.

I'm pretty sure I had the HUD working just fine on this computer before. I think this started when I imported my HUD from another computer. But I've deleted everything since. Reset the HUD and even re-installed/re-imported the hands via the cloud.

EDIT:
    Here are two threads with pictures discussing a similar problem
    Huge HUD's with Macbook Retina 15"
    I had tried to put the DPI to a 100% earlier (i'm at a custom 199%), logged off and back in, didn't help with the HUD problem. I just tried it again now and logging back in I went to the settings again and realized that it's back at 199% so the changes aren't taking affect. I've also tried 125% and it automatically changes back to 199% custom...

EDIT 2: When multi-tabling, all the stats are at one place (top left). They are not on top of the desired table.
    Last edited by CrAAdle; 10-02-2014 at 03:41 PM.

I had tried to put the DPI to a 100% earlier (i'm at a custom 199%), logged off and back in, didn't help with the HUD problem. I just tried it again now and logging back in I went to the settings again and realized that it's back at 199% so the changes aren't taking affect. I've also tried 125% and it automatically changes back to 199% custom...
    This seems to be a settings problem somewhere...

TO SUM UP:-
    ** MacBook Pro Retina display 15.4" running fully updated OS X Mavericks?
    ** Native resolution 2880x1800 @ 220 pixels/inch?
    ** Will not save other scaled resolutions: 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1280x800 and 1024x640 pixels?

What Windows virtual machine s/ware are you using [inc version number]?
    What Windows?

logging back in I went to the settings again and realized that it's back at 199% so the changes aren't taking affect. I've also tried 125% and it automatically changes back to 199% custom...
    I've looked on the Parallels site & I find strong evidence that the root of the problem is in your Parallels settings [or whatever the software is that you're using]
    Optimizing Screen Resolution in Parallels 8/Windows 7 | Parallels Forums

I think your best option is to
    [1] Fix the problem with screen res not "sticking" by asking for a solution on your particular virtual machine's forums
    [2] Set up two user accounts on your 15.4" laptop with one optimised for Poker & the other for everything else or
    [3] Employ a second screen for poker - is it possible to have your laptop screen on one resolution & an attached external monitor on a different resolution? Perhaps modern graphics card drivers can do that...

Okay I got it to work!

The problem was in fact Parallels! Nothing major and certainly not their fault. It's just that HM2 is not optimized/thought for this kind of setup (understandably). After some research I found out that Parallels used "Best for retina" in its settings under Video - Resoltion. That's why the DPI kept automatically changing back to 199% although I was manually changing it to 100%.

For those who encounter the same problem, all you have to do is:
    - Shut down your windows session on your virtual machine.
    - Go to settings by right clicking your windows virtual machine.
    - Hardware -> Video -> Resolution: Select "Scaled".
    - Run your Windows virtual machine again, you'll have a much lower resolution (1440*900 if you're on a 15" Macbook pro) and the DPI should be automatically set to 100%. Everything is not as pretty as before, but it's far from being ugly.
    - Now you can use your HUD without any problems

Thank you _Loki_ for your ideas and for your help!

The problem was in fact Parallels! [...] After some research I found out that Parallels used "Best for retina" in its settings under Video - Resoltion. That's why the DPI kept automatically changing back to 199% although I was manually changing it to 100%. [...] Hardware -> Video -> Resolution: Select "Scaled" [...] Thank you _Loki_ for your ideas and for your help!
    It's a pleasure CrAAdle. Incidentally you need not have researched that solution - Resolution: Select "Scaled" is in the link I provided [around comment #12]