Can't purge hands

Default Can't purge hands

Hi,

I am trying to purge old hands from DB till Aprill 2014. DB size is 19GB, postgreSQL 9.3.
    Here is a screen with options.

Capture.JPG

In "Save Hands Played By" a have selected my alias.
    It takes near 30 mins and after purging DBManager shows the same size (19GB). Then I run a Full DB optimization from Maintenance tab. And at the end I have restarted HM2.

After restart, the size of the DB is still 19GB and no hands were purged.
    Do the same procedure 2 times and nothing were purged.

Just confused and can't understand what is going on during 30 mins of purging.

Are there any other ways to delete old hands if that one will not work?

You want all hands before April 1st purged, even your hands? If yes, you should not pick any hero/alias in the save hands played by. What you are doing in the above description is a contradiction unless you have observed/mined/purchased hands in that date range. You are telling it to purge all hands in that date range but not any you played in.

Hi,

I am trying to purge all hands from all stackes from all sites now till Jun 1st 2014. I did not check "Save Hands Played By".
    So HM2 worked during 10 mins, asked for restart. After restart size of the db is the same as before purging.
    Then I run vacuum+analyze from pgAdmin and after 10 mins nothing happens. All hands are still listed in db.

Please help.

There could be an issue with the internal purge and the unsupported PostgreSQL 9.3.

Either create a new empty database, and only import the hands your want from your archive folder.

Or install PostgreSQL 8.4, 9.0 or 9.2. (which will also require you the reimport your hands into a new empty database, but may enable you to use purge in the future)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I did backup of my DB, reinstall postgress from 9.3 to 9.2, restore DB there.

I have tried to purge hands from it with 3 different options:

1. save hands played by choosing my allias
    2. save hands by choosing 1 player
    3. complete purge with no savings

In all options i choose date to 1-jun-2014.

HM2 did not delete any hand from my db after 10 minutes of working.

Is there any way I can delete hands with help of SQL command, as DB are big and start to work slowly.
    Or what else i can do?

How big is the database according to the HM2 > Database > Database Info and how much free space do you have on the system/C drive? You generally need to have more than twice the free space as the database is big because we use the windows temp directories for processing tasks like backup, restore, purge, export, etc even if the drive you are trying to backup/export to for example is a different drive. If you do not have enough free space you can google instructions for how to move/change your windows temp directories to another drive that has more free space.

PSQL commands are an advanced topic that we do not provide technical support for so I do not know if what you want to do is possible using PGAdmin queries/commands.

I don't think PSQL is backwards compatible. If you installed PSQL 9.2 you should recreate the database manually by importing the original hand history files from the archive folder. Since you need to recreate the database only import the hands you want to the new database from the \month folders to the new database.

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

Thanks for your reply.

DB size is 21GB. So after some testing i have found that its actually can purge from DB in case I have selected 1 or 2 days max interval. Oldest hand is from 13-Dec-2013, so i can purge till 14 or 15 of Dec 2013. Some times working some times not. In case of choosing bigger interval Deleting starts, next screen appears

del.JPG

and drops after 1-2 minutes with message to restart HM2 for stats renewal. And no hands were purged.

It is looks like I have bottleneck somewhere.
    I have 8GB of ram. 39GB free space on C:. I have moved TEMP and TMP user directories to E: where 90GB free. Page file is 8GB on C:.

I am trying to monitor free space on C: and E: during purge and it is not decreased even for 1gb.

Just do not want to repeat 185 times purge procedure.
    Do you have any thought what else can I check?
    Last edited by vg_r; 10-17-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Unfortunately I am not sure what could be causing this problem. Did you try creating a new database and running the same type of test now that you moved the temp directories? I am assuming it is a problem with this specific database and may not be anything that can be fixed if it is corrupted beyond repair. Have you tried a full vacuum/reindex under the HM2 > Database > Maintenance menu before a purge to see if it helps?

If you want to reproduce the problem and send us a log file with some feature logging we can take a look and see if there is anything obvious that could be causing the problem but if a new database purges properly you may be out of options and have to recreate a new one from scratch.

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...29#maintenance

If you continue to have problems, try the following:
    Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...onfigs+work%3F

If none of the above steps helped:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'DBControlPanel' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please zip and email the requested file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

I have tested various purge settings on new 5gb database. All of them were done without any interruptions.
    Looks like my old db is broken somewhere and Vacuum Full + Reindex did not help. Purge works only if I choose very very small amount af data, 1 day in concrete room or only 1-2 limits sometimes. And I don't want to pursue work with this issue.
    Thanks for your help!