need help about database location
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default need help about database location

hello

i buy a new laptop with a 7200 rpm hard disk

however, sometimes the poker tables became black, and i am afraid that its because of slow hard disk

so i will like to know, if i can use an 8gb or 16gb sd card to my hands database?

sd card will it be faster then use the laptop hardisk?

if yes please explain me how to do it

thank you

No, I wouldn't try that.

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

See this for HM2 performance tips:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html

If you use Note Caddy, see this:

http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCadd...provement.ashx

Please run maintenance on the DB.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the maintenance tab.

3) Click the Full radio button.

4) Click the Optimize button.

Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...p+Instructions

Afterwards, please make sure that you update windows completely. Keep checking to make sure that there are no more updates, until it shows twice, five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

Please duplicate the issue.

Open Control Panel - System - Administrative Tools - Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors and send the information by saving the error. They should be right at the top. We need errors, not information.

Please send a log file as well.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

before i buy this vaio laptop i have an acer ferrari with same problem
    i already have a teamviewer seesion and the tecnician told me that maybe it was because graphic card have 1gb, and hard disk was 5400 rpm
    now i have 7200 rpm hard disk, and 2 gb graphic card i and i have same operative system, it is windows 8.1

about net framework, in windows 8.1, you can unistall, but it will install auto again

so i still have same problem in this new laptop

after some hands, tables became black and i have to force shutdown of hm2 to continue playing. i see in task manager that memory usage start grow, and grow when this appened

also have problem in hud places in table, allways out of place if the table is not 9 players. i fix it in gear hud definitions, and after 2 hands go out of place again. one thing very strange is that if double click to use session hud the hud will go to the correct place. then i double click again to use hud all hands, and after 1 or 2 hands go to wrong place again

i use postgres 9.2 now, but same problem with postgres 8.4

all that items about firewalls etc etc are correct

i have this problem for 6 months or more, to me is a bug. i buy a new laptop, and the problem its not from laptop for sure

Check if you can change the AERO settings:
    Windows 8: Hidden Secret Trick to Enable / Activate “Aero Glass” in Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme - AskVG

Are you using a multi panel HUD, are you using NoteCaddy, on which site are you playing, on what type of tables?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

i cant change the aero setings in windows 8.1
    i am not using notecaddy
    i play in pokerstars
    mtt tournments, and sit and gos
    what is multi panel HUD???

Multi-Panel HUD's have stats on more than one panel/background that can be moved independently of the main panel. All of the default HUDs are single panel HUDs that use 'new line' to separate each row of stats instead of the 'new panel' option.

1 - Update your graphics drivers - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...hicsCardDriver

2 - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

3 - Update Logitech Setpoint if it is something you have installed - Support + Downloads: SetPoint - Logitech

4 - Enable desktop composition - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ws+7+and+Vista

5 - Change your Windows theme to an Aero theme - Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Change the theme > Aero Themes > Windows 7 or similar

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send a log file as well - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

all the things you say are already done before, except for aero, because aero can not be done in windows 8.1

also in windows 8.1 the desktop composition is allways on

because i have the task manager allways open to force the shut down of hm2 if i have an important hand, i realize that the disk usage and the memory used by hm2 start growing. if i wait a 1 minute or so hm2 come back to normal, like it was an auto save of database, or something dumping the hands to the database.

when one table became black, all tables became black

i al ready have done everything it is in support, everything, even the sir that made the teamviewer told me that he didnt know, thats why i was thinking it was from laptop

now i buy a new one, and the problem is the same, thats why i think its a bug
    Last edited by allsamagainn; 07-03-2014 at 06:19 AM.

interesting post

i play exactly with same configuration (i have my laptop conectd to an external 27 lcd, and when i go eat i use normal laptop screen), windows 8.1 also. and also the same problem, exactly the same problem, to me its a bug, because i had a teamviewer session, and the technician said maybe it was my laptop problem (acer ferrari), now i buy a new one (sony vaio), same problem
    my database only have 800k hands
    buufank did you realize also in task manager that memory used by hm2 start growing, and the disk usage also?

by the way its impossible to do anything with aero in windows 8.1, technicians from hm2 should check that before allways ask the users to do that

Is that a fresh database or restore?

How big is the database?

Do you have a lot of note caddy notes?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

its a restore, but i did it diferent. i export hands from other computer, and then import hands in the new one

about 2gb

i have several player notes