Auto refresh of active session only works in foreground?

Default Auto refresh of active session only works in foreground?

I just purchased HM2 and am trying to figure out how to use the active sessions. Isn't it supposed to update automatically while I play? Mine only seems to update when it is in the foreground, which means it basically doesn't update at all while multitabling. I have read other threads on this and all my clocks are set to the same time. Poker site and PC both are BST.

What am I doing wrong?

Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Ok, so it looks like this is a bug?

Ok so it sounds like this is a bug?

Yes, bugticket on this issue is HM-6449. I've added your email address to the bug ticket, so you'll be automatically notified when it is fixed
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Actually I fixed it on my computer.
    My time setting was set to +5 for PokerStars. Had to change it to +6.

This issue is caused when the time settings are off, http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...TimeAdjustment

The time stamp of a hand in the active sessions tab, has to match your computer's clock time.

---

It's normal HM2 has to be an active window.

I'm confused, so HM2 does have to be in the foreground for it to update automatically? All my times match, the active session window does show the hands and it updates itself as long as i bring it to the foreground for about 5 seconds. The problem is if I just leave it in the background it does not update. This means the active sessions tab is effectively worthless if you're multitabling. I can't spend 5 seconds with HM as the active window to let it update itself without timing out on my tables.

Yes, you have to click on HM2 for the Reports to 'auto-refresh'.
    This is done for performance reasons. A auto-refresh can use up a lot of CPU Usage and harddisk activity (for example when your report is set to a graph of ALL YOUR HANDS, or you're playing a 10k hand session).

I don't think it has to be in the foreground for 5 consecutive seconds.
    Just click on HM2 (bring it to the foreground for 1 second), continue with your multitabling session, then the second time your click on HM2 it will have refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Yes, you have to click on HM2 for the Reports to 'auto-refresh'.
    This is done for performance reasons. A auto-refresh can use up a lot of CPU Usage and harddisk activity (for example when your report is set to a graph of ALL YOUR HANDS, or you're playing a 10k hand session).

I don't think it has to be in the foreground for 5 consecutive seconds.
    Just click on HM2 (bring it to the foreground for 1 second), continue with your multitabling session, then the second time your click on HM2 it will have refreshed.
    It does take roughly 4-5 seconds of being the active window for it to update, sometimes it does it faster. Shouldn't there at least be an option to make it update while in the background even thought it would use more cpu? I mean if you lose a bunch of hands in a row you really don't want to have to manually click the thing to see how bad the damage was.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerkingkong View Post
    It does take roughly 4-5 seconds of being the active window for it to update, sometimes it does it faster. Shouldn't there at least be an option to make it update while in the background even thought it would use more cpu? I mean if you lose a bunch of hands in a row you really don't want to have to manually click the thing to see how bad the damage was.
    This was done by design to reduce performance problems customers were having. There is no way to over-ride this behavior and force it to auto-refresh faster or when in the background. You should be able to just click the manual refresh button in the ribbon instead of keeping the window in focus to force it to refresh.