Holdem Manager Problems: Deleted Hand History/Freezing.

Thumbs down Holdem Manager Problems: Deleted Hand History/Freezing.

Hi, I'm having some problems with HEM2 that have finally rendered it useless.

It has always given me problems since I installed it 3 months ago in that it freezes up the table between the time it is "waiting for hands" and when it actually kicks into gear. The table goes blank and I get the "Not responding" message while it thinks for a bit.

The thing is, it has been getting worse and worse, and over the last week it has finally reached the point where it is becoming a liability rather than a help. The "Not responding" message on the table has now reached the point that it drags on long enough that PokerStars sits me out. In addition, while this only used to happen when HEM2 first kicked in, it now happens periodically throughout my session, every 15 minutes or so it will freeze up. Sometimes for a short few seconds, sometimes long enough for me to get sat out again.

Now, HEM2 has helped me in my game. In the last day or two I have re-stolen 2 pots from loose 3 bettors HEM2 helped me see. But the 5-6 bucks I got from that has been dwarfed by the 60-70 bucks it has cost me by disconnecting me.

In just the last 4 days: I was in the second hand of a Hyper Turbo satellite for the Bigger $33 and everybody at the table shoved with any-two-cards (as they do), and I was sitting there with pocket Aces and my screen frozen until I timed out. I would have wiped out the whole table in one hand.

I flopped Trips at the $25 HENL Table, the villain went all in and again, I sat there frozen until I timed out. $25 bucks right there. I have also lost numerous blinds as every time I get disconnected I have to pay to get back in. And finally today, it timed me out of a S'N'G with KK on the BB. It's ANNOYING as well as costly.

I have had some success with re-booting before every session (the freezes seem to be less frequent if I shut everything down, restart my computer and restart PokerStars/HEM2), but the final straw today is that upon re-start it says I have no data in my Hand Histories. 70,000 hands seem to have vanished. I go to the Cash Games Reports, it has the "No Hands Found" initial splash page. The Tournaments page has data for the last two S'N'Gs I have played only. All other data has gone.

So......suggestions? As it stands, this is sucking pretty hard. There is the matter of all the data being gone, the money I have lost. But mainly I can't play good poker when every time I am in a pot I am praying it's not going to suddenly freeze up. How can you relax? You can't. I played the two of the Biggers with HEM turned OFF after the first two hands because, frankly, I can't risk that sxxt. It has a certain "Use the Force Luke", "he's turned off his tracking computer! Luke! Luke!" quality to it, and I did end up INT for one, but that's hardly a good advertisement for your product......

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

Please run maintenance on the DB.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the maintenance tab.

3) Click the Full radio button.

4) Click the Optimize button.

Please duplicate the issue.

Open Control Panel - System - Administrative Tools - Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors and send the information by saving the error. They should be right at the top. We need errors, not information.

Please send a log file as well.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I'm mailing you guys directly on your support line, however I have followed all your suggestions and am still having the same problems.

What are your computer stats? CPU, RAM, harddisk etc.?
    How big is your database?

Go over:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html, and
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+is+lagging%3F
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here