DB size not decreasing after purge

Default DB size not decreasing after purge

Hi there,

I have purged a good chunk of the hands in my DB. I then did a full maintenance, restarted HEM 2.
    The DB is still the same size despite having purge a lot of hands as if the hands that were purged are still there.
    Why is that? Do I have to do something manually? DB is way too big and I'm lacking space on my HDD at this point.

Thanks

If you purge a lot of hands, it is better to create a new database and only import the hands you want.

You can also delete the notes sections.

1) Please open PGAdminIII (Start - Postgres)

2) Enter your pw (default is postgrespass)

3) Open databases - expand DB name - expand schemas - expand public - expand Tables

4) Delete the note_caddy_scatter and note_caddy_data

PGAdmin info screen looks like this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...dbrky/null.png

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

If I delete the note sections as you described it will I delete them for the whole DB or only for the hands purged?

Also I still don't understand why the DB hasn't decreased in size following the purge. My DB is 45G and should be ~20. Why is that? Surely the hands are still there somehow?

Edit: I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4 if that can be of any help
    Last edited by Dublimax; 02-22-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Are you using NoteCaddy Premium and addon packages such as NoteCaddy Edge/Advantage?

The table he suggested to delete will only delete your notecaddy notes (not manually entered player HUD notes). It should be the same as reset the notes in the NoteCaddy menu options.

If you are not using NoteCaddy Premium please disable the HUD Settings > HUD Designer > [ ] Show Caddy Notes option and follow the instructions above to delete the table and remove any data it had created.

Have you tried manually vacuuming/reindexing the database via PGAdmin? Some customers have claimed that the HM2 method is not reclaiming as much space as PGAdmin recently but our testers have not been able to duplicate this.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Have you tried manually vacuuming/reindexing the database via PGAdmin? Some customers have claimed that the HM2 method is not reclaiming as much space as PGAdmin recently but our testers have not been able to duplicate this.
    Spot on! DB is now 1GB
    Thank you

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. I have started an internal discussion about this topic so we can try some focused testing to see if one of our testers can duplicate the problem.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.